2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

01Canes

Senior
Miami has offered 2023 five-star QB recruit Dante Moore (6'2", 195 pounds) out of Martin Luther King HS in Detroit, Michigan. Moore already holds offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, and Penn State among others. He finished the season with 3,044 yards and 40 touchdowns on 171 for 244 passing (70% completions).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Detroit (Mich.) Martin Luther King 2023 QB Dante Moore was in town this weekend for the Battle Miami tournament, and he visited the University of Miami on Friday.

“It was great,” he said. “I loved the experience, especially getting to meet Cristobal for the first time. It was a great time to come out there. He’s a cool guy for sure.” Moore had built a relationship with Cristobal over the last two years with phone calls and texts. “We’ve been real close for sure,” Moore said.

As for what Moore is looking for in a college program? He says he’s fine with a spread offense but that “I don’t have a specific style” he’s looking for. Certainly building a relationship with the Cane QB coach/coordinator will be very important for Miami to be high up in his picture.

“That is who helps you build the offense around you, calls the plays for you, helps you develop,” Moore said. “But the most important job is the head coach, and they have a great, great head coach. I didn’t even know he’d played at Miami. Me hearing that is great and he’s a great head coach.” Moore says he hasn’t narrowed down his list of favorites. He’s also taken visits to programs like Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State.

When will he have a list of favorites? “I don’t know when I’ll do it,” Moore said. “After this month I might post it, but I don’t know.”

It was a great situation for Miami to get Moore on campus while he was in town for the 7-on-7 tournament and he already has that bond with Cristobal. So now the next step will getting a coordinator/QB coach he bonds with to help try and get the Canes over the top with this 4-star.

Detroit (Mich.) Martin Luther King 2023 QB Dante Moore was in town this weekend for the Battle Miami tournament, and he visited the University of Miami on Friday.

“It was great,” he said. “I loved the experience, especially getting to meet Cristobal for the first time. It was a great time to come out there. He’s a cool guy for sure.” Moore had built a relationship with Cristobal over the last two years with phone calls and texts. “We’ve been real close for sure,” Moore said.

As for what Moore is looking for in a college program? He says he’s fine with a spread offense but that “I don’t have a specific style” he’s looking for. Certainly building a relationship with the Cane QB coach/coordinator will be very important for Miami to be high up in his picture.

“That is who helps you build the offense around you, calls the plays for you, helps you develop,” Moore said. “But the most important job is the head coach, and they have a great, great head coach. I didn’t even know he’d played at Miami. Me hearing that is great and he’s a great head coach.” Moore says he hasn’t narrowed down his list of favorites. He’s also taken visits to programs like Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State.

When will he have a list of favorites? “I don’t know when I’ll do it,” Moore said. “After this month I might post it, but I don’t know.”

It was a great situation for Miami to get Moore on campus while he was in town for the 7-on-7 tournament and he already has that bond with Cristobal. So now the next step will getting a coordinator/QB coach he bonds with to help try and get the Canes over the top with this 4-star.
I will never get tired of hearing we have a “great, great head coach” after the last 20 years of never hearing something like that.

Advertisement
Told Rivals that Gattis going to Miami has made a big impact on his recruitment. Seems to be a fit here.

Oh Yeah Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Please no.

He’s got minimal accuracy and questionable arm strength for a big time prospect.

If Miami can’t get a high upside physical guy, I say skip QB this year.
You realistically need a QB just about every cycle though. He isn’t my first choice either so I’m not pushing for this kid but we need a QB and 40TD and 3 INT says there has to be some accuracy, right?

Please no.

He’s got minimal accuracy and questionable arm strength for a big time prospect.

I don’t think QB is a position that you can approach with the mentality of skipping a year. I think you have to take the best guy you can get every year. If you don’t like Dante Moore, that’s fine, but you have to have a board and you have to land someone. Attrition can hit you fast, and you don’t want to end up in a spot where someone like Evan Shirreffs or Peyton Matocha are a possibility to actually receive snaps.

You stack talent, be it Dante Moore or someone else, but you’ve got to keep adding to the room. I haven’t watched Dante Moore, but it seems like the majority of people feel like he is a overrated 5 Star QB in a class with some other serious 5* talent at the position. Even if that’s true, I’d have to imagine the hit rate on 5 star QB is better than some low ranked 3-star or nobody at all? But again, if not Moore than someone else, but you have to hit on one of your targets at the top of your board.

Please no.

The kid from CA is def the creme de la creme of the class, but this kid had over 70% completion percentage, 3k+ yards, 40 tuddies/3 INTs…so I don’t know about minimal accuracy. Again, Cali kid is the big prize but now that Gattis is ours I fully expect this kid to be a huge target cause I don’t think the Cali kid is trending our way.

Advertisement
Please no.

That is your conclusion from watching this highlight film, or have you seen him play and the highlights are not a good representation of his abilities? Because he looked **** good on the highlights and very accurate. I loved that even when he could have run he simply escaped and kept looking downfield And hit a guy 30 yards downfield while moving to his left.
Help me understand why you feel this way because 5 star QB’s don’t grow on trees.

Advertisement
I get that he doesn't fire it like Iamaleava, but look at the pass at the 3:20 mark for example. that is a rope into a tight window with his heel on the 50 to a guy on the sideline around the 7 yard line. I think he has enough arm strength for someone that connects on 70% of his passes and doesn't throw it to the opponent to be very successful in college.

Advertisement
Back