Miami/Louisville Jan 10 Game Thread

Advertisement
We were fine from deep (8 first half 3’s) until we started jacking up bad shots late. Missed FT’s were unusual, but it’s not like we got to the line a ton either.
We don't drive well or ball handle either. Cleveland is our best driver I think. Wooga needs to be better and should be our Wong this year. Wooga is not the main guy like I hoped. He is better when he wasn't relied on to be the main guy Iike last year.

First, the Louisville kid had his way with Omier. Don't see that often.

Pack and Joseph were bad offensively tonight. In fact, Cleveland was the only player to show up.

Our defense is plain lousy. We can't fight off screens on the perimeter, and can't defend the three point line. This team allows way too many uncontested threes.

Poplar has regressed defensively. He's been below average defensively all year. I have no idea what's happened to him. And offensively, he just can't handle the ball. He's a turnover machine on the dribble.

We don't have anything outside of George off the bench. If multiple players have bad offensive nights (like tonight Pack, Joseph, Omier), we are toast.

Bottom line, bad defensive team, and zero bench give very little leeway for individual bad nights.

Advertisement
Not sure why people are saying we play fsu this weekend. We play at Vtech. Does anyone expect a win after these last 2 games, more specifically tonight's game?? That's always a tough game and we're struggling.

Wong and miller…

miss u come back GIF

We need to hit the portal harder after this season.
I guess it depends on who leaves. Technically no one HAS TO leave. Omier could leave. Wooga too. If they all come back and we have the talented freshman next year then this team could make a very deep run. But I expect to lose a guy or 2 so yes we need to hit the portal hard if that happens.

Advertisement
I guess it depends on who leaves. Technically no one HAS TO leave. Omier could leave. Wooga too. If they all come back and we have the talented freshman next year then this team could make a very deep run. But I expect to lose a guy or 2 so yes we need to hit the portal hard if that happens.
I’d like to see our roster turn over a bit. Omier and Pack are capped out as college players. A big three of Cleveland, Wooga and Bethea would do work along with some length up front

I’d like to see our roster turn over a bit. Omier and Pack are capped out as college players. A big three of Cleveland, Wooga and Bethea would do work along with some length up front
Yeah but you really wouldn't want them back? They leave and next year we could be missing them badly like we're missing Wong and Miller right now. I love super senior laden teams and so does Coach L.

Advertisement
Team has some skill. Maybe not as much as last year but it’s still got talent. What it lacks is tone setters. Gritty guys who relish playing the bad guy role at times. Miller was good at that. You need leaders who like doing the dirty work to set the standard. I don’t see that on this team. Guys who even on off nights find ways to say nope not tonight and get the W. We lack attitude and grit it seems right now.

We were fine from deep (8 first half 3’s) until we started jacking up bad shots late. Missed FT’s were unusual, but it’s not like we got to the line a ton either.
Miami was missing good looks early as well. Even in the second half, Miami couldn't hit contested layups, and open threes weren't falling either. Let's stop pretending that Pack missing an open corner three is something we see on a regular basis. It isn't. Louisville did just enough to stay in the game, and Miami was unable to maintain intensity. Leaders need to hold themselves and their peers accountable.

Advertisement
Just got home from work and saw the box score & one word, dman
there was very little d, man.
or rebounds, or good FTs or making shots or ball-handling

it was work to watch it, and i was home with a six-pack (which was much better than a Nigel Pack tonight)

Am I the only one that thinks Wooga has been a disappointment so far this year?

Yes, he's shooting it great from three no doubt. Big improvement in his game.

But he isn't playing that smothering defense staying in front of the defender like he did last year. And its not the ankle injury. His defense has been below average all year.

And he is just awful dribbling the basketball and not really great going to the basket.

I am not seeing a first round NBA pick out there.

there was very little d, man.
or rebounds, or good FTs or making shots or ball-handling

it was work to watch it, and i was home with a six-pack (which was much better than a Nigel Pack tonight)
Haha, fat thumbs on my phone. Edited dman to be d a m n

Advertisement
Back