2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
If this class doesn't get better the only thing he's currently building is his bank account. The class as it currently stands isn't up to "stacking elite talent" that needs to happen for him to be very successful here. Early Signing day is less than 2 months away so maybe he pulls a Bowden and has a couple "surprise flips" in his pocket hopefully.
According to media, Mario got 9 commitments last December just before signing day. I'm not concerned.

Some connected insiders say we have 2 blue chip flips and possibly 3-4 flips in total. We could also lose 1-2 current commits

No hey really aren’t as good as the media hyped them to be. They are good but I think Jordan Travis holds them back he’s really not that good
I think you are incorrect. They're leading the ACC in scoring. He has numbers to back it. He's good for what they do and he's been in that offense for 3-4 years.

My point is they don't have anything behind him who is the same or better. They have a highly ranked freshman coming in next year, but likely not a contributer year 1.

I think you are incorrect. They're leading the ACC in scoring. He has numbers to back it. He's good for what they do and he's been in that offense for 3-4 years.

My point is they don't have anything behind him who is the same or better. They have a highly ranked freshman coming in next year, but likely not a contributer year 1.
Travis is playing extremely well this year, and they are elite at WR, but if I’m being perfectly honest there’s not much else on their team that scares me, per se. In the trenches, I actually think they’re pretty average and still don’t have quality depth. I believe we have a distinct advantage on the line of scrimmage over them, on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
Travis is playing extremely well this year, and they are elite at WR, but if I’m being perfectly honest there’s not much else on their team that scares me, per se. In the trenches, I actually think they’re pretty average and still don’t have quality depth. I believe we have a distinct advantage on the line of scrimmage over them, on both sides of the ball.
If we haven’t learned to defend the counter the Rb will have 300 yards on us again.

QB A -
QB B-

Advertisement
Yep. Bottom is Travis. While he hasn't turned it over as much, He's not exactly lighting the world on fire either. He plays well within their system I suppose.
You also don't have the 200 rush yards and 6 rush TDs. I think that's the most important containing the scramble on 3rd down and in the red zone. Rosier wasnt a good QB for us but that ability won us a lot of games and he was way more of a turnover machine then travis.

You also don't have the 200 rush yards and 6 rush TDs. I think that's the most important containing the scramble on 3rd down and in the red zone. Rosier wasnt a good QB for us but that ability won us a lot of games and he was way more of a turnover machine then travis.
Sure, that's what makes Travis who he is. He's a backyard football style player, but again as a QB overall I wouldn't classify anything he is necessarily doing as knock your socks off amazing. Every 5 plays he gets pressured scrambles around, closes his eyes and throws it up to Coleman and Wilson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

FSU is very beatable they’re not great by any means. They are “better” that us but we are very capable of winning that game. That game is our “super bowl” if we beat them I’d consider this season somewhat of a success…

Advertisement
Back