2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
1000% Committed lol
I can’t wait for Early Signing Day to pass so we can actually look at what happened with 100% clarity as to success/failure.
And see how he fills in the cracks later in the process. If he lands everyone as of today fans would breathe. Then see what Mario can do. I know it’s redundant, but just win man!

Ngl, I'm thinking about mapping out how we can win the ACC.
Getting to the ACC championship game would be ahead of schedule imo. Imo if we are the GTech bull**** away from being the ACC champ representative, this would definitely be a successful season.

But if you want the actual path, it seems actually decently difficult. FSU is basically guaranteed in the ACCCG. The other spot is between Us, UNC, DUke, and Louisville.

TL;DR - root for:

1) we Win out
2) UNC and Duke drop 3 conference games
3) Louisville wins out except for us.

- OR -
1) we Win out
2) Duke beat UNC (but want UNC to win out after that)
3) Duke lose to Louisville or UVA (but want Duke to win out after that)
4) Louisville to have 3 Conference losses.

ISo we obviously need to go undefeated - which would give Louisville their 2nd conference loss, tying us even if they won the rest of their game, and we'd have the head to head over them. So ideally obviously we just have a tie between us and Louisville at only 2 losses in conference and Duke and UNC have 3. This would basically require UNC to lose to Duke and Clemson. But even if Duke lost to Louisville, they'd still have to lose to one of Wake, UVA, or Pitt... probably not likely unless Riley Leonard is still out. That situation is by far the clearest cut way for us to get in though.

The other situation is a 3 way tie. The tie breaker we'd want to go in our favor is Win% against common opponents. We definitely don't want a 3 way tie between us, UNC, and Louisville because the common opponents are UVA, NCSt, and GTech. We have a loss to GTech so we don't want that. If it were a 3 way tie between us, UNC, and Duke the common opponents are Clemson, UVA, and NCSt. This is favorable because UVA beat UNC. However to even get to that tie breaker it would require UNC to have lost to Duke. If that happens and Us, Duke, and UNC all have 2 conference losses but UNC lost to Duke and UVA, the win% against common opponents would actually eliminate UNC first. Then it is a 2 way tie between us and Duke. From there the tie breaker would again be win% against common opponents. Common opponents between us and Duke are Clemson, UVA, NCSt, UNC, FSU, and Louisville. Assuming we won out (only way to end with 2 losses) We'd only have 1 loss to those opponents. Luckily Duke already has a loss to FSU. So if they just lose 1 more of those games, we win the tie breaker. The best opportunity for that is this upcoming week when Duke plays Louisville and Riley Leonard is hurt. The only other opportunity is UVA... So pretty complicated. But I don't see a way we win a 4 way tie breaker tbh.

Last edited:
Sorry The Hangover GIF

Come Austin Powers GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's definitely the plan. I've only met the kid twice. Not sure he'll be top heavy enough for that. Only cause I haven't watched his film. Don't know what he's got in the tool box. I'm always open to words from people who know his game better. How's his hand placement and footwork?
If you know me you know I don’t start paying attention to recruiting until the summer. I’ve just started paying attention to 24 kids. Him reclassifying throws a wrench in that lol. I’ve talked to multiple people close to the situation and they both say the same things. Violent hands, discards blockers like it’s nothing ,plays better when the comp steps up,good bull rush , great measurables, runs like a deer,very good 40 and shuttle for a de. Not stiff but bend and motor need some work but he’s 16. He tends to just over power people because he’s so strong. Inside is likely his longterm spot.

Last edited:
If you know me you know I don’t start paying attention to recruiting until the summer. I’ve just started paying attention to 24 kids. Him reclassifying throws a wrench in that lol. I’ve talked to multiple people close to the situation and they both say the same things. Violent hands, discards blockers like it’s nothing ,plays better when the comp steps up,good bull rush , great measurables, runs like a deer,very good 40 and shuttle for a de. Not stiff but bend and motor need some work but he’s 16. He tends to just over power people because he’s so strong. Inside is his likely his longterm spot.
We can't lose him to FSpoo, bad optics. Hope the FSU beat writers are jumping the gun early again.

Advertisement
Dominate is pushing it.
I would say we win by 2 scores and run for 300 or more with Parrish, Chaney, Allen, and MF all healthy.

I still think CJ should be getting a few run plays similar to BS. Let him make one cut and go. No chance he is run down by Wiggins.

I would say we win by 2 scores and run for 300 or more with Parrish, Chaney, Allen, and MF all healthy.

I still think CJ should be getting a few run plays similar to BS. Let him make one cut and go. No chance he is run down by Wiggins.

Agree on CJ…I can't quite get there with the other stuff…They completed a lot of big pass plays. And if for no other reason we didn't commit to the run to what? Late 3, late 4

For some reason we insisted on throwing ineffective passes to the line of scrimmage.

Agree on CJ…I can't quite get there with the other stuff…They completed a lot of big pass plays. And if for no other reason we didn't commit to the run to what? Late 3, late 4

For some reason we insisted on throwing ineffective passes to the line of scrimmage.

When you have Chaney banged up & Allen who clearly isn’t great in pass pro(see UNC), you can’t commit to the run early. Thus, if we had four health backs we start running early and often getting Clemson into man coverage out wide. This makes it a ton easier on Williams as a QB.

Advertisement
Back