2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

Advertisement
Advertisement
DT all the way. Kid is not even 18 and just in his first spring. Will be a monster in year 2.

Agree, but 3-Tech, so he could stand up if needed in Guidry's 3-3. Rich man's JHH.

My only request is we don't rush him. He's just turned 17. I realize he's already a big body. But he's still growing into it. Let's not have another Kelly situation where we play him too early too often and he gets injured. I even hope he is paired with the 2nd/3rd teamers in practice. Getting blocked by Rivers or Coop every snap is just too much pounding right now, IMHO. Kid will be a superstar in 2025 and definitely 2026 if he stays healthy.

Agree, but 3-Tech, so he could stand up if needed in Guidry's 3-3. Rich man's JHH.

My only request is we don't rush him. He's just turned 17. I realize he's already a big body. But he's still growing into it. Let's not have another Kelly situation where we play him too early too often and he gets injured. I even hope he is paired with the 2nd/3rd teamers in practice. Getting blocked by Rivers or Coop every snap is just too much pounding right now, IMHO. Kid will be a superstar in 2025 and definitely 2026 if he stays healthy.
I think he's ideally suited in that 290-295 range with d line positional versatility dependent on our opponent & the offensive scheme we're playing against. If he's 274 now and he plays his 4 to keep his RS he can still train hard during season and be a solid 280 by next spring easy.

Advertisement
Star whores… all of you.
Homer Simpson Hello GIF by FOX TV

Advertisement
Yeah don’t get me wrong this kid isn’t the average 17 year old. If he stuck around in high school he would probably be pushing for the #1 recruit status
Mmmhhhmmm, he was already top 10. Kid is a man child and was a major major coup for us and the only reason people soured on him was because he decommitted. Then they just dug in on him. These are the kids we need to keep home and Mario accomplished that here.

Mmmhhhmmm, he was already top 10. Kid is a man child and was a major major coup for us and the only reason people soured on him was because he decommitted. Then they just dug in on him. These are the kids we need to keep home and Mario accomplished that here.
Yessir. We kinda discussed it the other day but for as much as we get into the whole recruiting Florida vs recruiting OOS debates…we really have not landed the top guys in Florida for a long time. The one Covid year being an anomaly but kids like this normally go elsewhere. Plus the added middle finger of hurting FSUs class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back