Official Miami Fyzical Bro

Advertisement
The Chicago bears had the #1 rushing attack in the nfl last season. Where did it get them? The #1 overall pick..................
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Advertisement
We could have the #1 running game in the country and porsters here would be arguing we didn’t throw enough.
Yes. We should strive to be Air Force on offense. Because that’s who had the #1 running game in the country.

Just a heads up, you can have a physical running game and still throw a ton. Georgia rushed for 202 yards per game last year AND threw for 295 yards per game.

Advertisement
You know when you go into a job interview and the HR rep asks what your greatest weakness is? And you say some bull**** like "I'm too hard of a worker"? Well, this is that.

Yes. We should strive to be Air Force on offense. Because that’s who had the #1 running game in the country.

Just a heads up, you can have a physical running game and still throw a ton. Georgia rushed for 202 yards per game last year AND threw for 295 yards per game.
I don't think its people saying we shouldn't be physical, it's just that every other word out of Mario/coaching staff is literally the word "physical".

It doesn't mean much when you're letting MTSU *****slap the **** out of you or running into 9 man boxes. That's not playing smart

Just be smart and adapt to what the defense is giving you, that's what makes the Briles/Heupel offense impossible to defend. It's literally impossible to stop the run or pass consistently due to geometry

Advertisement
I don't think its people saying we shouldn't be physical, it's just that every other word out of Mario/coaching staff is literally the word "physical".

It doesn't mean much when you're letting MTSU *****slap the **** out of you or running into 9 man boxes. That's not playing smart

Just be smart and adapt to what the defense is giving you, that's what makes the Briles/Heupel offense impossible to defend. It's literally impossible to stop the run or pass consistently due to geometry
You're preaching to the choir dude. I've been laughing at the TuFf n fIzIcAl shtick since before we even hired Mario.

Last year's "Tuff n Fizical" offense was worse at running the ball than the 2021 finesse offense. The defense was worse against the run than Manny's 2021 defense was. Clearly it takes more than rhetoric to get your team to play well.

You're preaching to the choir dude. I've been laughing at the TuFf n fIzIcAl shtick since before we even hired Mario.

Last year's "Tuff n Fizical" offense was worse at running the ball than the 2021 finesse offense. The defense was worse against the run than Manny's 2021 defense was. Clearly it takes more than rhetoric to get your team to play well.
With the pathetic OL we had last year, it was nearly impossible to have a physical offense.

Teams that aren't physical don't win anything that matters, it's really that simple.

I mean do you have to be stuck in I formation? Of course not. But football is still about physicality.

Absolutely spot on take Skeeter.

Couple that with the fact that if indeed you are a finesse unit the last thing on the planet you’d do is come out doing pre season interviews sounding like Harvey Milk tellin the whole world about it.

Seriously speaking what do people actually expect these Men to say in this position.

Time will reveal all, but the nagging is soft shouldered. Buckle up Buckaroos. LFG

Advertisement
With the pathetic OL we had last year, it was nearly impossible to have a physical offense.
It's almost like no matter how much you preach “fizical” in practice, if you don’t have the horses, you ain’t getting it done. Like maybe if you have a bad offensive line, you should probably try to run an offense that doesn’t require a great line.

Here's the reality about it, one way or the other: ACC line play is so ****, if we don't dominate ACC teams on the ground this year, I don't know if we ever will.

Doesn't mean that I agree with that style of play, however, these are the facts. The gap between our O-Line and the average ACC D-Line is significantly substantial enough.

I don't even care how we get the yardage. Just do what the opposing defense has trouble stopping. Or, as Bill O'Brien said: Its not rocket science. We're not splitting atoms.

Here's the reality about it, one way or the other: ACC line play is so ****, if we don't dominate ACC teams on the ground this year, I don't know if we ever will.

Doesn't mean that I agree with that style of play, however, these are the facts. The gap between our O-Line and the average ACC D-Line is significantly substantial enough.

I don't even care how we get the yardage. Just do what the opposing defense has trouble stopping. Or, as Bill O'Brien said: Its not rocket science. We're not splitting atoms.
It’s going to be exciting to see us finally have a top-notch O-Line again. I can’t remember the last time we’ve had an above average O-Line…seems like eons ago.

It takes a competent OL room.

Miami hadn't had one, particularly for power run, in a looooooong time.

Mario's philosophy, and "cold seat until Y4", exposed this very painfully last season.

Advertisement
Back