Miami (+5.5) @ UVA 2/5 7PM

Not close to true. They always have massive, mobile dudes that set elite screens and can move.

DeAndre Hunter was arguably the best athlete in CBB for a couple of years.

They just don't play a fast pace.

To clarify, by out-athlete, I mean they don't just roll a bunch of dudes out and beat you on being better athletes. They have a bunch of guys that are smart, dedicated defenders, and out-execute you by playing fundamentally solid.

Advertisement
There’s a good chance like 8 guys leave after this year. Omier, Pack, George, Casey, Robinson, Watson, Poplar, Cleveland. I think Robinson, Watson, and Casey are 100% gone.
I doubt Cleveland goes. Poplar needs work on his handle. No way he can play in the league or make a roster. He is playing himself out of the draft. George will be on the fence. He needs work. His issue will be he will be 21.

Advertisement
Especially with this ankle tonight, I think the chances of George leaving are under 50%, not sure about Cleveland either. I hope Omier comes back because he really isn't built for the NBA right now, one more year of working on his 3-point game would do him wonders. The others are by far a net positive for leaving (including Pack in my opinion)
L better do work in the portal. Bring us guys like Charlie Moore, Kamari Murphy, Miller, Angel, and Sheldon. Guys who play their asses off for 40 minutes, are leaders, and aren’t selfish individuals like some of these current players.

I’d like Omier and George to come back. Maybe Cleveland.

I’m done with Poplar and Pack is useless aside from the 3 ball.

I doubt Cleveland goes. Poplar needs work on his handle. No way he can play in the league or make a roster. He is playing himself out of the draft. George will be on the fence. He needs work. His issue will be he will be 21.
Oh **** I thought George was 18-19. George needs work and yea Poplar can’t play in the league now.

We are heading down a path to have to make a tough decision at the end of the season.

Do we bring back a 75 year old coach to rebuild a team that he poorly constructed and coached this year? If he couldn't build upon two great years, how can he do it for next year? He is already one of the oldest coaches in D1.

This whole season has been embarrassing and a bitter disappointment.

I know what I would do at the end of the year, what about you?
For me, in all honesty, a lot of the problems this year really seem to be coming from this team's personality and I think even Coach L is taken aback by it. Earlier this year (I can't remember which loss) Coach L outright said that he called a play out of time out in the final seconds and the team just ignored it. You see it in this game with Coach L not even going over into the huddle during a time out. I think it's clear that there are some terrible personalities on this team. I'd give Coach L another year to clean shop, especially if our recruiting class stays together.

Advertisement
L better do work in the portal. Bring us guys like Charlie Moore, Kamari Murphy, Miller, Angel, and Sheldon. Guys who play their asses off for 40 minutes, are leaders, and aren’t selfish individuals like some of these current players.

I’d like Omier and George to come back. Maybe Cleveland.

I’m done with Poplar and Pack is useless aside from the 3 ball.
It's a giant ask, but I'd like to see Poplar as long as he's #2 on the team. I think the pressure got to him this year and then the injury made it worse. Also a good chance he was busy reading all the articles on how he was a Round 1 draft lock and just lost the plot.

For me, in all honesty, a lot of the problems this year really seem to be coming from this team's personality and I think even Coach L is taken aback by it. Earlier this year (I can't remember which loss) Coach L outright said that he called a play out of time out in the final seconds and the team just ignored it. You see it in this game with Coach L not even going over into the huddle during a time out. I think it's clear that there are some terrible personalities on this team. I'd give Coach L another year to clean shop, especially if our recruiting class stays together.
I have no doubt he is going to clean out the roster. Again, when 8 kids want to transfer out after going to the Final 4 you know you have a potential issue.

I knew we had issues when FIU went on a 22-2 run.
As did several... while usual slurpers talked about bad losses in prior years and how team always coaches up at the end not to be concerned. Take off the rose-colored glasses and face it, the team is an abomination, and coming off a Final 4 makes it worse not better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I definitely had a problem last year with how much Wong seemed to go into hero ball mode... I now stand almost completely corrected, seeing this team without someone willing to drive the ball (And without a leader like Miller) is a horrifying sight.
Wong, Miller, and to an extent Charlie Moore the year before covered a lot of holes. I believe L messed up by not bringing in players to replace them and instead, expanding the roles of guys like Joseph, Pack, and Popular. I dont think the guys we have now are bad. Just more role player types instead of main options. I guess Cleveland was suppose to replace Miller, but Miller was just a better all around player. Miller also could play down low so he cleaned up alot behind Omier who is a bull in a china shop.

Advertisement
Back