McCloud, C. Rogers, Finn

Advertisement
Bobby Boucher just entered the portal, do we roll the dice here and get him? Kid is ultra talented, could probably learn the QB position in a couple of hours here.

The Longest Yard Waterboy GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting pick up by the Cal Bears considering they return a starter from Columbus HS. I remarked in a similar thread if that guy is a possibility to transfer to UM.
I don't think he is the answer. Just merely speculating.
The Cal QB played pretty well, wouldn’t mind him as a pick up.

The thing is we need a QB with not just experience, but more ability in 2024 than our young QBs. Bringing in a guy who is only slightly better is a hard sell to the QB room. If theirs no true QB competition with a guy perceived as only slightly better than the existing room, then 1 on both QBs could enter the portal.

You want a QB that the young QB room can look up to and learn from.

If we can't get that, then you might as well let the young QBs battle it out and live with their development in 2024 to pay out big in 2025. The issue with that is whoever loses the battle for QB1 is going to transfer out and you're left with only 2 scholarship QBs.

We really need thst veteran like Ward or Howard.

The timing of the Ward announcement still makes me wonder if it isn't a play to get more money from Miami. I don't know if Ward has submitted his draft paperwork yet even though he made his announcement.

I'm sure Mario and staff will be reaching out on Wednesday if he hasn't.

Advertisement
Back