Coaching Mario can win big right NOW and here is further evidence.

We've got the QB to win now.

We can fill other needs with freshmen or portal
Bruh we not winning y'all hyping yourselves up and will be majorly let down. This roster up front isn't ready to punish people. Alot of overjoyed guys on the roster Mario probably secretly wishes he can cut even people everyone likes but he can't he needs bodies.

Advertisement
I'm not setting my expectations for Cristobal until I see his coaching staff, specifically his coordinators.
The coordinators are legit trust me he still needs a ton of horses don't set yourselves up. This is a rebuild and he said in his presser it will take time. Meaning he knows the roster isn't a Miami of old roster.

I don't understand the pessimistic attitude by some on here that the Canes are not expected to win the Coastal next year. Clemson and Texas A&M are almost guaranteed losses, but what other games should Miami lose? We expected Manny to win the Coastal this year, but Mario can't do it in a full season of TVD at QB and the young bucks on defense having experience from this year? Plus, no Kenny Pickett and more than likely, no Sam Howell next year either. The man is getting $8M a year with P5 championship experience. He should have at least the same expectations that Manny did.

Look, we all know the Canes aren't a playoff contender. The OL and defensive front 7 are not that caliber yet. However, the Coastal division is not the SEC West by a long shot. To me, 9-3 and a Coastal title should be the expectation for next year.
Expectations are high always but the roster is cracked don't y'all understand that? With a roster that isn't deep with first rounders at all levels u can lose to scrub teams. Especially if up front isn't what it needs to be. U can lose games cause of this it's why every HC has lost games .......RECRUITING. I don't care what the rankings say we been bringing in scrubs who get over hyped here and it messes with how good u guys think we are or should be.

I'm excited for the Mario hire. I think the change in culture that he will bring is far overdue. But rarely do new coaches walk into a program like ours that has been poorly mismanaged for the last 20 years and dominate instantly. I hope our fanbase will have a little bit of patience with Mario if he stumbles out of the gate, but knowing our fans, I highly doubt that.
Facts

Patience

The coordinators are legit trust me he still needs a ton of horses don't set yourselves up. This is a rebuild and he said in his presser it will take time. Meaning he knows the roster isn't a Miami of old roster.
Do you know who the coordinators are? If so, please share.

I'm aware we need to rebuild, but you can cover warts if you have good play callers.

Advertisement
Bruh we not winning y'all hyping yourselves up and will be majorly let down. This roster up front isn't ready to punish people. Alot of overjoyed guys on the roster Mario probably secretly wishes he can cut even people everyone likes but he can't he needs bodies.
We may not win BIG TIME right away, but we can win the stinking Coastal, and possibly ACC right away. Manny Lithpin Diaz was a few points from winning the Coastal, so I can't see why Mario can't at least get that done. Compete with Alabama? Probably not. Beat UNC? Yes.

That is what I expect for next year. Win the Coastal, because it is going to stink next year.

Oh, and beat the dog crap out of FSU. That isn't asking too much.

Advertisement
Next year we’re in ACCG , year after we go for the RINGS.

GOCANES
golden six.png
IS COMING !!!

Seems a lot like moving the expectations for Mario to give him a pass.,, (this double talk happens a lot here)

If as some have pointed out, we should have won the Coastal with Manny and “any competent coach would win with this talent”, Mario gets no pass. He’s a big boy coach, making big boy money.

We all need to be more realistic, see how the rosters play out and really recognize what amount of rebuild we are in, before we start throwing out records - not to give Mario a pass, but because we’ve been mediocre for 15 years.

Let’s go!!

Seems a lot like moving the expectations for Mario to give him a pass.,, (this double talk happens a lot here)

If as some have pointed out, we should have won the Coastal with Manny and “any competent coach would win with this talent”, Mario gets no pass. He’s a big boy coach, making big boy money.

We all need to be more realistic, see how the rosters play out and really recognize what amount of rebuild we are in, before we start throwing out records - not to give Mario a pass, but because we’ve been mediocre for 15 years.

Let’s go!!

Maximize our talent and we win the **** Coastal. Don't, and we won't. It's really that simple. I'm not asking for a playoff spot just yet, but I am looking forward to beating the teams we should beat. That sure as **** isn't asking too much.

Like you said, we are paying him big boy money, and I don't expect little boy results.

Advertisement
Can we just accept that we have a great coach who is a recruiting machine who is building a great staff at a university with an admin and alumni that now fully support winning? Maybe, just maybe we should let the man work and build something, and stop deciding what potential failure of his will cause us to try to run him out of town. I mean, it's month one of the off-season and all he has done so far is exceed expectations while recruiting in a phone booth.

First off, really good thread and a lot of great points being made here.

I'd like to throw this one back for those of us forged in the probation years. Next year's team reminds me of the 1996 and 1998 varieties. The 96 team relied on defense, and particularly a great line anchored by Kenny Holmes and Kennard Lang. The 1998 team relied on a high-flying offense featuring Edge, Santana, and Reggie Wayne. Both had the same weakness: lack of depth. The FSU games each year were similar: they could platoon blue chippers, while our starters had to keep playing. We wilted in the 2nd half.

No matter what Mario does in the offseason, we won't be a deep team next year. I like our top end talent, and certain position groups (S, RB, P, Van Dyke) should be stout. LB and DL remain a crap shoot. CB is really weak. WRs will need to emerge. Hopefully, the OL continues to make strides.

For me, there are too many question marks and too little depth to scream "we goin to the ship" year 1. But we are headed in the right direction.

A successful season would look like:

1) Beat FSU;
2) Win the Coastal;
3) Win our bowl; and
4) 10 wins or more.

Can we just accept that we have a great coach who is a recruiting machine who is building a great staff at a university with an admin and alumni that now fully support winning? Maybe, just maybe we should let the man work and build something, and stop deciding what potential failure of his will cause us to try to run him out of town. I mean, it's month one of the off-season and all he has done so far is exceed expectations while recruiting in a phone booth.
👆

Advertisement
Revisit time, since we have an (almost) complete staff now, and added some really nice players on NLOI day and in the portal.

If we don't win the coastal, I will be disappointed. Not in Mario, any particular kid or coach, because we don't know how things will go down, but I want to see these kids win SOMETHING, move the line forward and have something to launch off of in 2023.

God, I'd love to take down TAMU or Clemson this year. Shot across the CFB now.

Revisit time, since we have an (almost) complete staff now, and added some really nice players on NLOI day and in the portal.

If we don't win the coastal, I will be disappointed. Not in Mario, any particular kid or coach, because we don't know how things will go down, but I want to see these kids win SOMETHING, move the line forward and have something to launch off of in 2023.

God, I'd love to take down TAMU or Clemson this year. Shot across the CFB now.
I'm getting more confident we can take out Clemson... As Far as Texas A&M I'm gonna wait till the week of the game.... I know it sounds weird to say that about that game but not Clemson but I just think Clemson is more vulnerable this season for once as far as we're concerned .

Advertisement
Back