Marc Trestman

Would be a home run hire. Trestman is an offensive genius who really simplifies the passing game for his QBs. Kaaya would be prolific in a Trestman offense.

The problems in Chicago this year are OL (injuries), Jay Cutler, and the defensive coaching/scheme (predictable base cover 3 w/ limited talent = turnstile). Part of the blame lies with Trestman for sticking with Cutler and Mel Tucker (DC) despite evidence that they should be let go. I guess that is similar to the Golden/D'Onofrio debacle in a way but Trestman is a much much better Xs & Os guy so I trust him to figure it out.

Regardless, Trestman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Schiano or Butch or Cristobal or whomever else the casual fans on this board like
That sounds like an awful lot of excuses for someone you want to characterize as a "home run hire." The bottom line on Trestman is that his record as a HC in the NFL is unimpressive and we have no idea if he can effectively recruit. That is far from a home run.

Oh and lulz at Trestman being a better choice than Butch.

Advertisement
Trestman is the Golden of the NFL. By all accounts a really good guy. But he doesn't have that dog in him to get the job done at the highest level.

He should've fired Mel Tucker after last season's abortion much like Golden should've fired Doritos after 2012 or 2013. Unfortunately he's too good of a guy to make the tough decision.

Would be a home run hire. Trestman is an offensive genius who really simplifies the passing game for his QBs. Kaaya would be prolific in a Trestman offense.

The problems in Chicago this year are OL (injuries), Jay Cutler, and the defensive coaching/scheme (predictable base cover 3 w/ limited talent = turnstile). Part of the blame lies with Trestman for sticking with Cutler and Mel Tucker (DC) despite evidence that they should be let go. I guess that is similar to the Golden/D'Onofrio debacle in a way but Trestman is a much much better Xs & Os guy so I trust him to figure it out.

Regardless, Trestman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Schiano or Butch or Cristobal or whomever else the casual fans on this board like

Trestman doesn't give a single **** about Defense and special team... Kaaya would play at a Heisman level but we would be a Texas A&M type of team. Great Offense, ****** defense, **** the bed against every complete team we play aka No championship.

Still would take him back in Montreal, with our current DC, we would win the Grey Cup every year!

In Howard Schnellenberger's one year as a head coach in the NFL, he had a miserable record and was fired mid-season.

Nick Saban sucked as an NFL head coach. So did Steve Spurrier.

Success as an NFL head coach doesn't correlate to success in college. Just having been a head coach in the NFL is enough reason to give someone a look.

Advertisement
He is the ultimate QB coach having been Rich Gaanon and SteveYoung's QB coach when both had MVP seasons,worked under Earl Morrall,Howard, Gary Stevens and Bill Walsh. Our offense would be prolific and if he kept a Coley around for recruiting he would be a huge upgrade

Advertisement
Back