Malik Bryant?

fraggle

Senile Senior
Came in as a highly ranked LB..."Checked in as No. 48 overall player and No. 2 linebacker in nation by Rivals…Rated as No. 71 overall and No. 6 linebacker nationally in ESPN300."

Did he get a lot bigger? He's working with the DL, so is he good at DL and which position, Tackle or End? Is the DL a good fit?

Advertisement
Advertisement
For Fraggle, this is actually a reasonable post.

Bryant was an edge/OLB in high school. Basically he was used more as a pass rusher than an off the ball linebacker. Some guys can make the transition to traditional linebacker but many can’t. It’s a completely different position. Our last staff got in trouble by relying on turning high school pass rushers into traditional linebackers and it didn’t work at all. I called this move last year and I think it’s the best move for Bryant. Especially if we’re going to keep incorporating 3-3-5 elements where we use a stand up OLB/edge player

For Fraggle, this is actually a reasonable post.

Bryant was an edge/OLB in high school. Basically he was used more as a pass rusher than an off the ball linebacker. Some guys can make the transition to traditional linebacker but many can’t. It’s a completely different position. Our last staff got in trouble by relying on turning high school pass rushers into traditional linebackers and it didn’t work at all. I called this move last year and I think it’s the best move for Bryant. Especially if we’re going to keep incorporating 3-3-5 elements where we use a stand up OLB/edge player

Great summary. He has the right frame/build and looks every bit of 235-240ish. Would love to see him sit another year to get ready because we're going to need his depth in 2025.

Advertisement
Sounds like he's another tweener that may have trouble adjusting. Basically a higher rated Sam Brooks.

Advertisement
Why did the staph try turning Bryant into a LB?

What is their problem?

We gotta stop going backwards.

Jimmy took big LBs and made them ends. Big safeties and made them Backers.

This rush end to LB **** doesn’t work

Advertisement
What I mean is his size fits OLB but skill fits EDGE
OLB is an Edge player. Think of him as a stand up DE not playing with his hand on the ground. Austin will be playing that position this year.

Came in as a highly ranked LB..."Checked in as No. 48 overall player and No. 2 linebacker in nation by Rivals…Rated as No. 71 overall and No. 6 linebacker nationally in ESPN300."

Did he get a lot bigger? He's working with the DL, so is he good at DL and which position, Tackle or End? Is the DL a good fit?
Frag, the kid just switched from LB and you have to ask if he's a DE or a DT? LOL

Bryant was predominantly used as an edge rusher in high school. The staff brought him in as a LB but have quickly realized that Malik would be best served playing Edge. He is currently practicing at Jack which is a stand up edge rusher and mostly used out of the 3-3-5 defense. He should do well there.

Advertisement
Back