LSU

Advertisement
Crazy thing is we havent had and agressive defense since the 80's since wanstedt

What? Did the 2000's just not happen to you?

Ted randy would never blitz played standard cover 2 tell me where we were and agressive blitzing style team????

You can be aggressive without blitzing all the time. He used a lot more man coverage than we currently do and that's very aggressive.

Schiano was very aggressive on D at Miami, he was always blitzing.

Advertisement
Crazy thing is we havent had and agressive defense since the 80's since wanstedt

Ted randy would never blitz played standard cover 2 tell me where we were and agressive blitzing style team????

You can be aggressive without blitzing all the time. He used a lot more man coverage than we currently do and that's very aggressive.

Agree somewhat but are linebackers played far back all the time barely blitzed at all .. Randy was the most vanilla d coach... And are safety were always playing back in cover 2 ... I dont know wjere people get this misconception that we were and attacking blitzing defense we were very vanilla just got a great rush from our down 4 lineman and had ballhawks in the secondary

Agree somewhat but are linebackers played far back all the time barely blitzed at all .. Randy was the most vanilla d coach... And are safety were always playing back in cover 2 ... I dont know wjere people get this misconception that we were and attacking blitzing defense we were very vanilla just got a great rush from our down 4 lineman and had ballhawks in the secondary

Schiano was here two years.

Fair enough. But if you have four linemen who you teach that there first responsibility is to get up the field and attack, you can be aggressive and not have to blitz. We teach out front four to hold the point of attack so there's almost no pressure and then you have to bring in a blitz to get that pressure which we never do. An attacking defense to me is you go after the offense proactively. If your front 4 are good enough to do that without blitzing, then why bother doing it when your goal is already achieved? We aren't in that situation and we don't advocate it.

If you can keep your defense basic and get the job done at an elite level, like Randy did for 6 years, there's no reason to add complications. Our defense has been its most successful under Golden when he lets the boys loose and simplifies things (Duke.)

When you have ballhawks, why not let them play man instead of an especially soft zone? He might be realizing that now but it took him a long *** time to change.

Advertisement
Back