Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Mentioned this on the Zoom call. We really like him. 6’2, 195 with verified 4.45 in high school and 23-7 long jump. NFL prospect.
Snoop Dogg Yes GIF

Lets see NIL wise and budget wise

Martinez: Expensive
CB: Diyoni Hill- Average
CB: Anthony Johnson- Average
WR: Sam Brown- Above average $

DT: Extremely expensive
Star WR1 (if one shows up): Extremely expensive

Rotational DE: Cheap/no need
"depth" LB: Cheap/ no need

JUST PONY UP SOME MONEY FOR AN ELITE DT IM BEGGING YOU
I actually think WR probably fetches less on the market than most other positions. Obviously the elite guys like Jordan Addison will get paid.

But there’s usually a ton of supply available when it comes to productive WRs. More so than most other positions.

Advertisement
Mentioned this on the Zoom call. We really like him. 6’2, 195 with verified 4.45 in high school and 23-7 long jump. NFL prospect.
D you see any bigger fish WR jumping in or is brown best we gonna get ? Wr seems very weak this portal window so far

I heard @DMoney say roughly 8 in and 12 out on a podcast. I can find the 12 out. Some will be painful ... but their leaving won't fundamentally hurt the team. And we REALLY need 8 guys.

Funny enough, I don't see why we need 2 WRs. But here's what we do need:
1 WR
2 RBs
1 OG
2 DTs
2 DBs
8 total. So if you want to add another WR, LB or DE to that number, then just increase the transfer out count.

Here's the rub. Can we really find 8+ Ins that contribute to a 10-win season? That's a tall order. Looks like we have line of sight for 3-5 of them. The other half I think we're just hoping to land.
I’d realistically try to go in this order:
#1 S
#1 CB
#1 RB

Starter level DT

Anything else is gravy but if there’s a budget don’t waste it on the below until the above is fully stocked:
WR
DE
C/ IOL
RB#2
Another S
LB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure why Gaby gets so much hate.
It's the way he's scared to give an opinion without having David Lake go first. Then he just agrees with whatever Lake says. Listen to their shows - they never disagree or debate.....EVER.

If Gaby has to give an original take, he'll fence ride and give every possible answer imaginable so that he can't be wrong.

For example, if you ask him for his favorite color, he'll likely tell you that he's always liked blue because he's a boy and 95% of his shirts are blue but when he plays soccer or football, he really likes green so that grass stains don't show up as much. But boy when he mud rides, you can't beat brown to hide the mud and when it's cold, black is the way to go because it feels warmer. So yeah he likes blue but depending on the day or activity he could favor green or brown and perhaps even orange or white.

It's the way he's scared to give an opinion without having David Lake go first. Then he just agrees with whatever Lake says. Listen to their shows - they never disagree or debate.....EVER.

If Gaby has to give an original take, he'll fence ride and give every possible answer imaginable so that he can't be wrong.

For example, if you ask him for his favorite color, he'll likely tell you that he's always liked blue because he's a boy and 95% of his shirts are blue but when he plays soccer or football, he really likes green so that grass stains don't show up as much. But boy when he mud rides, you can't beat brown to hide the mud and when it's cold, black is the way to go because it feels warmer. So yeah he likes blue but depending on the day or activity he could favor green or brown and perhaps even orange or white.

Dude I just want Gaby to disagee with Lake one ******* time! Idc if he ends up sounding like a moron, but ****, have some balls and disagree. constantly agreeing with Lake over and over, it makes for boring podcast listening. And I feel like at times, Lake baits him, and he still agrees. Have a difference of opinion. It ain't even have to be like Around the Horn or PTI, but just say something different. He's a choade until further notice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back