Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
A lot of these kids are about to get a rude wake up call. A starting job and more NIL sounds good until you realize 2,000 other kids have the same idea.
From what I’ve heard. Some kids are truly clueless and have 0 self awareness. Like a 3rd string RB asking for more than 100k to stay where he’s at. Coach said go get if u can. This is happening all over. Just dumb idiots valuing themselves more than their talent and they will end up schollyless. Crazy out there rn

From what I’ve heard. Some kids are truly clueless and have 0 self awareness. Like a 3rd string RB asking for more than 100k to stay where he’s at. Coach said go get if u can. This is happening all over. Just dumb idiots valuing themselves more than their talent and they will end up schollyless. Crazy out there rn
I wouldn't say they are dumb idiots. Most of those players don't have guidance on navigating the portal and this is the short cut generation. If anything I would say pure ignorance is the culprit. These are 18-20 year olds making poor decisions.

I wouldn't say they are dumb idiots. Most of those players don't have guidance on navigating the portal and this is the short cut generation. If anything I would say pure ignorance is the culprit. These are 18-20 year olds making poor decisions.
Lack of transparency is also playing a huge part, I’d assume. **** you see fans all over Twitter, message boards, etc talking out of their *** about how much these schools are offering 3* recruits, of course some impressionable 19 year old will believe it, and there’s nothing to verify that it’s all bull****.

That’s honestly my only real issue with the current setup, other than schools somehow having fans directly foot the bill, but that’s another conversation.

This is why i never understood fanbases getting mad at a parent for being heavily involved in a recruitment, bro these kids are not ready to make these decisions its probably the first real life decision they’re making they need guidance. And **** some parents don’t know better themselves so it makes it even more crazy.

Like with the Louisville situation did these players just sign a contract and not get nothing? And not just them its so many colleges that we are seeing just not hold up their end of the agreement, **** is crazy. Imagine u move from toledo to Louisville off a false promise and now u gotta transfer again or just stay at the school that lied to you

Advertisement
IMG_1540.jpeg
May the games begin

Agree. It could be as simple as all these kids running into each other during Spring break weekend somewhere and talking amongst each other about how much their program is paying kids who don’t even play and telling them “bruh you missing out!”. For kids this age it’s that simple. And they are that impressionable.

Or ****, kids seeing kids from other programs eating steak and lobster on South Beach and staying at the Fountainbleu hotel and poppin bottles and wondering, “Where they gettin this money from? NIL?”

The transfer portal is going be nuts all I’m hoping is Miami comes out on the good side and we land elite players and keep our elite players

It’s like the NFL. Cant get too tied to players. Just hope your rosters is better each year. There will be additions and subtractions. It’s 100% a business now.

You will see less and less of guys like Bain and more and more guys who just chase the quick pay day. It’s fun and it sucks at the same time.

Thats why I don’t follow college football as much anymore. I’ll check in on recruiting around signing day and the main board when the season gets close along with this portal window but that’s about it.

Too many moving pieces to care as much anymore.

Miami should have a better overall roster come fall. There will be more quality players on the roster. Miami has to go all in while they have Cam. Buy whoever you can for 1 year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes. I think they can but hard to keep track of all the new rules. Kid should be able to transfer 1 time unless their head coach leaves. The multiple transfers in college is crazy.
Right and if more than one is allowed it cant be the same off season thats insane

It’s like the NFL. Cant get too tied to players. Just hope your rosters is better each year. There will be additions and subtractions. It’s 100% a business now.

You will see less and less of guys like Bain and more and more guys who just chase the quick pay day. It’s fun and it sucks at the same time.

Thats why I don’t follow college football as much anymore. I’ll check in on recruiting around signing day and the main board when the season gets close along with this portal window but that’s about it.

Too many moving pieces to care as much anymore.

Miami should have a better overall roster come fall. There will be more quality players on the roster. Miami has to go all in while they have Cam. Buy whoever you can for 1 year.

I definitely agree with your sentiment, but under this environment I’d argue that having elite coaching and playcalling is needed with so many players fluctuating year to year.

I feel good saying Guidry fits that bill… need to see what Dawson does with a legit QB, but he has a lot of room to improve

Advertisement
Back