Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Not really up on all the threads right now, but do we got something big brewing? I see the same Twitter folks saying so. Gaby hinted at “we aren’t done”. I’m pretty sure I saw a “secret visitor”. Don’t need a name, but enough smoke, there’s usually fire
Seemed to me that the secret visitor was an OL

But I dunno

Advertisement
Waiting GIF

Advertisement
Shouldn’t we have heard by now about other kids entering the portal?
I have a feeling a few people that we think may need to hit the portal If additional players come on are going to exit the program in a different way - whether that is some medical related issue or a graduation eventually this summer.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They may just be graduating this coming week.

Not everyone is going to pursue more football
Someone asked the question whether NIL could cover a scholarship in a walk on kind of way

Didn’t see that addressed whether that could be a thing or not thought it was an interesting question though for some of these guys

Advertisement
They may just be graduating this coming week.

Not everyone is going to pursue more football
I would agree, but the only ones who would qualify as retiring or not pursuing football wouldn't be a "big loss" for us at this point as some have speculated. With the portal window closing early last week and 48 hours to put the name in, we are way past that point to have heard anything, no?

I would agree, but the only ones who would qualify as retiring or not pursuing football wouldn't be a "big loss" for us at this point as some have speculated. With the portal window closing early last week and 48 hours to put the name in, we are way past that point to have heard anything, no?
Maybe...maybe players were encouraged to leave and since they didn't we pull scholly's, doubt it but could be an option

just seems like everyone was in their feels about Samson potentially leaving. It’s why suddenly he wasn’t worth the NIL, wasn’t good enough as an injured freshman, some hints at personal issues etc etc

But he’s obviously not going anywhere so I’m sure those posts will be buried and forgotten

Advertisement

Someone have this?

From Tyler Baron thread.
King Mack

“Former Penn State safety King Mack officially entered the portal last Thursday and arrived on an official visit to Alabama on Saturday. Sources have said the visit has gone well but plenty of teams are working to get in the mix. Miami is hoping to enter the mix.”

Terrence Brooks

“Former Texas cornerback Terrance Brooks has a lengthy list of suitors. Among the schools who have reached out include SMU, Miami, Michigan, USC and plenty of others, he told On3’s Hayes Fawcett. Michigan has been in the market all spring for a cornerback.”

Tyler Baron

Tyler Baron spent this past weekend at USC, coming off a trip to Miami. Ole Misshas remained in the picture, staying in contact with the former Tennessee and Louisville transfer. Sources indicated the trip to Los Angeles went well. The Hurricanes are still very much involved. No timeline has been set for when Baron could make a decision.”

Advertisement
Back