Leonard Taylor to Jets

Advertisement
Seeing FSU have 10 players drafted looks worse.... Norvell will play that card all recruiting season... I'm still shocked they had that many get picked...

9 of which are TRANSFERS. Norvell got Travis who was *** in 2020 drafted. Give norvell credit TRANSFER STATE U is identifying dudes who love football and just need the chance at a BIG SCHOOL. He wouldn’t have recruited LT

Clearly you have never been to a military bootcamp. That will change people. Great coaches, great leaders DO change people. They call to greater causes and foster winning chemistry. Study really, really successful head coaches and you will see their impact on people's lives.
I don’t think your boot camp example really applies. There are serious negative consequences to not complying to drill sergeants. Given today’s NIL/portal driven entitlement, players have significantly more leverage on coaches than privates have on sergeants.

The results fall square on the shoulders of LT. It’s called accountability. The same accountability that your drill sergeant instills in his privates, but coaches are handcuffed with NIL/portal.

I wish this kid well and I hope this disappoint propels him into real manhood. These stories are sad.

LMAO at him being an UDFA. His draft results mirror exactly what he deserved. If he makes it out of camp and is on the Jets roster by week one, I will be shocked.

Hope he’s happy with taking the advice for the guys at the barbershop, vs. all the experts who told him he was crazy not to come back to UM.

Although given his pathetic attitude, maybe we should be happy he’s gone and we never have to hear about him again.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Well d@mn

Advertisement
I don’t think your boot camp example really applies. There are serious negative consequences to not complying to drill sergeants. Given today’s NIL/portal driven entitlement, players have significantly more leverage on coaches than privates have on sergeants.

The results fall square on the shoulders of LT. It’s called accountability. The same accountability that your drill sergeant instills in his privates, but coaches are handcuffed with NIL/portal.

I wish this kid well and I hope this disappoint propels him into real manhood. These stories are sad.
Research and see if Nick Saban changed people. If Jimmy Johnson changed people. Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, etc. If you are coach of football, you have to be a teacher. Teachers have the ability to change lives. It's a requirement to be one of the best.

Advertisement
Research and see if Nick Saban changed people. If Jimmy Johnson changed people. Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, etc. If you are coach of football, you have to be a teacher. Teachers have the ability to change lives. It's a requirement to be one of the best.
None of those mentioned had to deal with NIL/Portal. It has changed the power dynamic. That’s my point.

definitely probably would have served himself better coming back, but hindsight is 20/20

Advertisement
None of those mentioned had to deal with NIL/Portal. It has changed the power dynamic. That’s my point.
NIL did not fundamentally change organizational command and leadership that has been in existence since the beginning of man. Sure, it's a new piece of the puzzle, but as some of the questions around it shake out it will be the same people that have success, the leaders that are able to change hearts and minds.

How many were transfers?
9 out of 10 were transfers. Renardo Green was the only recruit. Eight of those transfers were already legit players at their previous school before transferring to FSU. Travis was the only transfer that was not established as a good player prior to transferring. One could legitimately say FSU developed him into a star.

Regardless, 10 NFL draft pics in a single draft looks really good for them as a recruiting pitch. I doubt recruits have a clue, and could probably care less that 9 out of 10 were transfers.

Advertisement
How many were transfers?

Good point. Let’s send back cam Ward and Damien Martinez to the transfer portal. CANT have their kind around here.

The number one overall pick was a transfer. Best believe USC will claim him. Cristobal would be a MORON if he is mum on Ward because of this purity test. I’m sure he will be silent on Matt Lee and cohen as well. Geez

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back