2023 LB Board (2023 Edition)

Reading between the lines of various comments, its looking like these three are at the top of the board of the LBs we're after

1. Bryant
2. Popo
3. Clark

Then everyone else's LB offers depends on what these three say

Advertisement
Thanks for the heads up @Tracy724 . Definitely not a positive development

You mean you think we got eliminated in favor of ucf Mich at and maryland…

Come On Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

After reading this post from @Brooklyndee , I'm feeling much better than Mario & crew have LB recruiting under control. Updating the OP.

Question - Is B. Washington a take if his brother isn't Robby?

Asking because if the consensus is no, we likely take/need 4 LBs in this class.

Advertisement
Priority LB Popo is trending the right way according to D$. OP updated.

I feel better about Bryant than the other major LB target, Raul “Popo” Aguirre (Fayetteville, GA). But Popo is trending in the right direction with the Canes. Part of the process is making the family comfortable with Coral Gables.

Advertisement
@DMoney says we're looking good for Popo
@Cribby, as of today thinks both Popo and Bryant will be Canes.

I know that X is a controversial figure here, but he says major talent infusion coming soon to the LB room. But the key here is Feinberg retweeted it.

Something is going down. Too many smoke signals

Speaking of the LB board suddenly crystalizing, @Cribby gave us the heads up on Sunday, but Ivins said he's very close to putting in a crystal ball for Bryant to UM (35:10 point in the broadcast)

He's hearing UM is the team to beat. I wonder if Ivins is hearing it from @Cribby ?

@DMoney confirms the Bryant momentum in the 7/12 Bank. We have D$, @Cribby and Ivins saying all signs pointing to Miami here.

As of today, I expect Malik Bryant (Orlando) to commit to Miami on July 23rd and give Cristobal another Top 50 player.

Advertisement
I think we take Clark here.

He’s the type we would take in the pass and rush him on field despite not having the size.

Now he can cook, get up to proper size and athleticism, then be a man upperclassman contributor.

Good news on the 2024 Class Front also. @Liberty City El with a very encouraging outlook for Capers

He is high on Miami & likes our staff a great deal, Coach Sabbath is recruiting him heavily, he’s in contact with Miami on a daily/weekly basis.

Not this year, but he will absolutely be a Cane when his recruitment comes around next year.

Advertisement
Which of these dudes do we feel like will be legit difference makers early in their career? The need here is humongous.

Which of these dudes do we feel like will be legit difference makers early in their career? The need here is humongous.
Popo for sure. Bryant is a project with traits. Bobby is dam good but also skinny. I think popo and Bobby can get on the field early with the former in the two deep. Take another one as well either a portal or a high school kid. Preferably Clark

Popo for sure. Bryant is a project with traits. Bobby is dam good but also skinny. I think popo and Bobby can get on the field early with the former in the two deep. Take another one as well either a portal or a high school kid. Preferably Clark
Aguirre if healthy will push for PT immediately. Kid checks every box.

Advertisement
Back