King Mwikuta - LB

Advertisement
WR - John Metchie was a part of that class he was one of the lower rated recruits of that class #52 WR in 2019. What does this say about high school rankings?
Says nothing except it’s not perfect
It’s all about probability
And your probability of winning is directly linked to recruiting rankings

Most classes are..

Hence the term of “stacking chips.” Kid could be a 4 or 5-star in HS, but reached their peek in HS, or a kid could get injured, transfer, retire, etc.

U can’t be a successful HC in CFB, especially, if u’re hitting a HR in recruiting once every 2-3 yrs. U must recruit at a top 5, no less than top 8 level every recruiting class b/c chit happens, & u need the next kid to step up &/or push out. And when I say top 5-8, I don’t mean class ranking, I mean avg. recruit/class rank.

Advertisement
Wowzers!!!! 24 out of 27 recruits were in the ESPN top 300 with one of the recruits being the #1 kicker and one being John Metchie. By comparison Miami had 4 ESPN 300 recruits. That’s a 6 to 1 ratio. What a terrible class Miami signed. I posted the link if you are curious and have time.

Most of the recruits aren’t even on the team anymore. The ones who are, aren’t really contributing anyways with a couple of studs. Zion, Jakai, and Big Lou “Undertaker” Hedley rounding out the studs. Which by the way are at the bottom of our rankings for recruits. We have a couple that are in wait and see mode like Jafari, JHH, Couch, and Keontra.

Edit: not including transfers with assessment

That '19 clunker is why we stand where we are in Roster ranking.

In looking at this, we'll probably stay about where we are (15th) for next year as that #8 class in '18 moves out.
The following year is when will jump into the top 10 when we lose the 2019 #27 and input a top-5 gem for '24.

Last edited:
Hence the term of “stacking chips.” Kid could be a 4 or 5-star in HS, but reached their peek in HS, or a kid could get injured, transfer, retire, etc.

U can’t be a successful HC in CFB, especially, if u’re hitting a HR in recruiting once every 2-3 yrs. U must recruit at a top 5, no less than top 8 level every recruiting class b/c chit happens, & u need the next kid to step up &/or push out. And when I say top 5-8, I don’t mean class ranking, I mean avg. recruit/class rank.
**** yea.. We havent been able to stack classes because we are too busy folding in Nov and stacking 7n5 records.. Bama signs tons of five stars and they have their fair share of bust but just on law of avgs they hit their superstars also. RIght now Heisman QB and Superstar DE who could be a Heisman winner both 5 stars that hit and even the ones that dont atleast are competent players..

Meanwhile we only have a one or two at a time and we put the pressure of them coming thru even though it might not happen..

Advertisement
Most classes are..

most classes are not filled with 5 stars and high 4 stars.

This is who busted in their class.

#1 DT
#2 DT
#1 MLB
#3 Center
#4 OT
#8 OT
#2 RB
#4 CB
#6 CB
#5 DE

These overall ranking position rankings and I’m not including the busts that were ranked #10-25 because there are several of those too.

most classes are not filled with 5 stars and high 4 stars.

This is who busted in their class.

#1 DT
#2 DT
#1 MLB
#3 Center
#4 OT
#8 OT
#2 RB
#4 CB
#6 CB
#5 DE

These overall ranking position rankings and I’m not including the busts that were ranked #10-25 because there are several of those too.
Was more remarking on most classes being feast or famine. Whenever looking back on our classes always surprised at guys we get excited about when they commit who didnt do a dam thing here, or amount of guys who transferred out or flamed out.. It happens

Advertisement
Back