2024 Kavion Broussard 3* OT from Zachary, LA Commits to the Canes (August 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This class is going to suck compared to last year. There’s really no question of that now.

At this point, Miami is going to be heavily dependent on their eval process. Like you said, let’s see how that ends.
Shouldn't we want to rely on our eval process?

Advertisement
Is this new material for you, or have you been a hoe for a long time?

Trying to keep up the leaderboard
Clever. Just not gonna fall for the same stuff we all fall for every off-season on here just to be let down with on field performance. I'll keep the negative thoughts to myself moving forward and see if they can finally do something on GameDays. Regardless of my posts I want them to win just like the rest of us on the board

3 stars signed by Mario so far:

Anez Cooper
Matthew McCoy
Ahmad Moten
Colbie Young
Jaden Harris
Chris Johnson
Tommy Kinsler
Bobby Washington
Shemar Kirk
Kaleb Spencer
Emory Williams
Jackson Carver
Demetrius Freeney
Frankie Tinalua
Marcellus Pulliam

Anyone for sure you wouldn't offer again?
All these guys have done what exactly?

Advertisement
I'm not really worried about us taking 3 star developmental Oline guys this class - or really in general with mario and cristobal. We landed a monster haul last year. This years OT class isn't good at all anyways. We're getting guys that are an entirely different breed of 3stars we got in the past.

I do think Blue Chip ratio is a good indicator of actual talent. But context is also important. We laded at worst 2 of the 3 best OTs in the 2023 class. Interior OLine guys aren't really highly rated on these sites all that often. And iOL guys really just don't need to be super highly rated to have good chance of becoming contributors. OT - we absolutely want top rated guys. But we got them last year.

So 4 of our three stars are Olineman who all have the desired body types in a down OT class. One is a kicker. One is likely a very important piece to getting Trader and the rest of the Youth Ravens, at least a couple will see bumps after their senior season..

Like are people really questioning getting Wheatley Humphrey because he is a 3 star - especially when we're also getting Kevin Riley? Doubt it.
How many are really questioning taking Shavers, Isaiah Thomas, and Dylan Day?
And like if we get 2 or even 3 Elite DTs, how much are people really upset we took Daylen Russell? ...

You don't want to have class after class like this. But if we get some top DLineman, a few more DBs, and one more top WR, I think this class is great for what we needed.

It all depends on what your expectations are. If we hit on the evals, a class like this, paired with last year's class, can get you to about 9 or 10 wins a year I would expect... assuming we find an answer at QB.

But if your expectation is for Miami to look like Miami and go toe to toe with Alabama and Georgia, then it's not nearly enough talent. Not crapping on these kids but we would need far more difference makers.

So the maximum # of 3* is 6.

What was the count last year? 10, right? How many of those 3* have already looked good in camp?
These two posts is actually were it’s at. Let me explain:

1) Jimbo’s classes at fsu really were the “ideal” balance at a point when the star system and analysis was just taking shape. He would have roughly what UGA has had. Essentially 3 5stars, and a handful of 3 stars or so and the core being the 4 stars. Since then, that has been the secret sauce.

2) Miami, last year and now this year, has not followed that formula (by choice or necessity??) having more 3 stars - in percentages to whole class - than the ideal formula.

3) so then what is Miami’s eval success rate? Truly I don’t believe we can answer that right now because it’s too short of a sample size (last year to this year). But, stating the obvious, it would be great to have a tracker of mainly 3 star recruits, to gage that success rate and eval prowess. Only then will we as a fan base be able to properly make a claim. Still, even without that “tracker”, a fan can and should be critical of the classes when they go against the grain of proven success (the balance of percentages of stars in each class) until proven otherwise.

Advertisement

Anez Cooper
Matthew McCoy
Ahmad Moten
Colbie Young
Jaden Harris
Chris Johnson
Tommy Kinsler
Bobby Washington
Shemar Kirk
Kaleb Spencer
Emory Williams
Jackson Carver
Demetrius Freeney
Frankie Tinalua
Marcellus Pulliam

Most of these kids have never played a down. Cooper and Young look good. The rest... we have no idea what we have.

Hey we need tackles and at least these guys are NFL body types in terms of height, arm reach etc…

I’m tired of having a roster full of centers and guards. This is part of the roster overhaul. Yeah I wish we were getting top OT but those cost a lot of money and typically go to championships caliber teams. For now we have to project out and hope for once we have a staff who can develop the kids.
THIS ALL DAY

Advertisement
Clever. Just not gonna fall for the same stuff we all fall for every off-season on here just to be let down with on field performance. I'll keep the negative thoughts to myself moving forward and see if they can finally do something on GameDays. Regardless of my posts I want them to win just like the rest of us on the board
Don’t even try that

It’s not about negative thoughts

“Cmon bro! Don’t know you all sleepers pan out bro!”

That’s not negative thoughts that’s taking it to a different level but you already know that

Don’t even try that

It’s not about negative thoughts

“Cmon bro! Don’t know you all sleepers pan out bro!”

That’s not negative thoughts that’s acting like a hoe
Because I as well as everyone else on here have fallen for that every off season. Every freaking year. Nothing wrong with being overly positive. Hopefully for once it's actually true and they do all end up being great. Like I said. I want them to win and actually be good again. It's been way too long

Last edited:
Advertisement

Anez Cooper
Matthew McCoy
Ahmad Moten
Colbie Young
Jaden Harris
Chris Johnson
Tommy Kinsler
Bobby Washington
Shemar Kirk
Kaleb Spencer
Emory Williams
Jackson Carver
Demetrius Freeney
Frankie Tinalua
Marcellus Pulliam

Not sure all those guys ended up as 3-stars. Off the top of my head, I know Bobby ended up as a 4-star on the composite.

Time will tell how they all pan out, but most of them are showing good indicators early.

I like the evals but we need to see them developed into starters. Do that and fans will either ignore stars OR more likely the services will bump more to 4*

Last edited:
Great pick up! Kid has an unreal frame

1691971153249.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back