JovonDurante has been playing this season though ineligible

Advertisement
Here's what it sounds like to me...

Administration asked him to step down due to the 3 losses and pressure from the neighborhood. Head Coach didn't take it lightly and proceeded to throw people under the bus.

A white head coach at Miramar who loses 3 games? He had NO CHANCE.

This why i tell kids love the game trust the books. Its easy to fault durante but truth be told this falls on anyone who had a hand in his growth from parents, teachers, and coaches. Sad situation.

No surprise that a bunch of adults failed to get a kid's life goin in the right direction. That's status quo down here. The adults that surround South Florida high school football continue to coddle kids instead of holding them accountable. Kid doesn't get his grades right? Fix his grades! He's a star player, we can't punish him!

And when a coach comes along and tries to instill discipline the other adults who surround the star player say the coach is trippin and they transfer him to another program.

High school football is broken down here. It's a ghetto-fied mess.

I think he did this to exspose Miramar principal more then Durant.. I heard booker t Washington might be getting investigated for all of those transfers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
"Michael Colby, the FHSAA's eligibility and compliance director, said Wednesday schools found to have violated eligibility rules face potential fines of up to $2,500 per player per game and forfeiture of wins."

I don't have a problem with the forfeiture of wins, but $2,500 per player is rather excessive.

Advertisement
"Strout said he first learned of Durante's sub-par GPA in late June, when he and Miramar Athletic Director Horatio Major met with both Durante and his father about the young man's interest in transferring to Miramar."

So this kid had a 1.87 with a father in the picture?!

his father was a coach in optomist ball as well. kid and older bro are bff wirh my gf lil bro. kid only had interest in schools thatwould take older bro...plus terrible grades I never had interest of him as a d1 kid...hes a flame out from the jump
q

Damm i see alot of kids have grade issues makes me wounder are these kids being lazy when it comes to school work or some of these kids might have undiagnosed learning disorders? Growing up school work came easy for me and i was lazy i would just look over my notes the morning of the test and score good on it but some kids i know would study have touters and still fail so the makes me wonder.

"Michael Colby, the FHSAA's eligibility and compliance director, said Wednesday schools found to have violated eligibility rules face potential fines of up to $2,500 per player per game and forfeiture of wins."

I don't have a problem with the forfeiture of wins, but $2,500 per player is rather excessive.

FHSAA is a scam just like the NCAA

Damm i see alot of kids have grade issues makes me wounder are these kids being lazy when it comes to school work or some of these kids might have undiagnosed learning disorders? Growing up school work came easy for me and i was lazy i would just look over my notes the morning of the test and score good on it but some kids i know would study have touters and still fail so the makes me wonder.

It starts with the adults. That includes parents and coaches.

We checked progress reports every Friday. If there was a 'F' on your report you didn't play. No exceptions, whether it be a star player or a scrub. Kids straighten out real quick when you take away the one thing they love the most. (football) And if you're ineligible, you can't even practice with us.

You think any of the adults/coaches that surround these stud players do that ****? **** no. Cause...once again...it's all about THEM. Whatever it takes for them to win, for their team to look better, for them to send another kid off to D-1. These coaches ain't gonna sacrifice a win to teach their kids a life lesson. They ain't truly in this for the kids.

It's the adults down here, letting these kids down. As long as they can play ball they are held accountable for absolutely NOTHING. The kids are brought up to be entitled from little league. This is why I'm not sure if I could ever coach at an "urban" school. I can only imagine the uproar we'd cause within the community for actually holding our kids accountable and sitting them out of football games for poor grades/behavior.

Advertisement
These south fla high school coaches are terrible..... Bring down don bosco prep coach from nj these teams would be coached up right

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back