Coaching Josh Pate Late Kick Live tonight: Talks Mario's staff

He's nailed it that Mario's recruiting prowess will change the dynamic of college football fundamentally because they're going to take away the South Florida talent from Bama, GA, Clemson and Taint. He also noted this is happening at the same time Riley is working to lock down So Cal and Jimbo is taking talent at TAMU. Things are getting a whole lot more interesting now.

Advertisement
These hires will create parity down the road. It will weaken the sec and OSU over time....not immediately but over time we will rise and they will fall without the help of sfla.

Nah bro; it won’t create parity. What I’ve been saying for a period of time now, Josh just solidified my sentiments (****, the ninja sounded word for word so he might have ripped it off. Lol)

The idea of parity is an idea, it’s always been the haves & have nots. The Haves & Have nots just rotate; we’ll push one of the teams out from the table. My guess will be Clemson.

Advertisement
Nah bro; it won’t create parity. What I’ve been saying for a period of time now, Josh just solidified my sentiments (****, the ninja sounded word for word so he might have ripped it off. Lol)

The idea of parity is an idea, it’s always been the haves & have nots. The Haves & Have nots just rotate; we’ll push one of the teams out from the table. My guess will be Clemson.
Parity with us though lmao not for the rest of cfb

I've said many times over the years. You beat the baga's of the world by limiting their player resources. If SOFL, State of FL, Cali, Tx and Lou keep more of their players home it would bring baga back to where they should be. The state of baga ain't got but a hand full of players. They can't survive without top SOFL talent. With gawja, tamu, uscw and Miami cutting their water off they gonna be closer to regular.

Last edited:
I've said many times over the years. You beat the baga's of the world by limiting their player resources. If SOFL, State of FL, Cali, Tx and Lou keep more of their players home it would bring baga back to where they should be. The state of baga ain't got but a hand full of players. They can't survive without top SOFL talent. With gawja, tamu, uscw and Miami cutting their water off they gonna be closer to regular.
Facts they won't be as powerful as now

Advertisement
Facts they won't be as powerful as now

They won't be *IF* this actually happens.

We're all hoping Mario lands more SFL kids, and gets us up the recruiting rankings. Obviously.

USCw is hoping for the same.

UGA is killing it on the trail already, as is A&M. But our hopes have to actually come to fruition for this to be reality.

Alabama just signed the #2 class in the country. In 2021, it was the #1 class.

So what do we think is gonna happen? Lincoln starts to keep more Cali kids home, Mario starts to keep more SFL kids home, UGA continues to recruit top 3 classes, A&M continues to recruit top 3 classes....and Bama just drops to like 10th overall? Because of Mario and Lincoln? That's pretty **** ambitious.

As long as Saban is there, they continue to win, and they continue to pay, they will continue to pull more than their share of Cali and SFL kids. Sorry, but I'm MUCH more optimistic on Mario's recruiting prowess than even the majority of this board, and I still have to call it how I see it. Mario isn't locking Saban out of Florida. That's just silly.

Where Mario has to gain a foothold is not letting EVERYONE come raid Florida. Saban is going to get his. He just is. So are the other elites of the elite. But of the Top 20 kids in the state in 2022, 7 of them went to the in-state schools. Mario needs to limit UGA, A&M, and Bama, but he's never going to keep who he wants and shut those dudes out. He needs to get more than what we've been getting, and keep the other schools out (OSU, UNC, OU, Michigan) and, where he really needs to make his bones, is he needs to own Norvell and Sun Belt Bill. If Bama gets some, whatever. But we need to get way more of what sometimes goes to FSU and UF.

Easier said then done. There are 3 main things Mario has to flip in regards to perception when it comes to recruiting and do it immediately especially if he wants to recruit these SoFla kids..

1) Can we get them to the NFL? If we cant get the trend started back up again that if you come to Miami, you will have a great shot at going to the NFL, then we will have a hard time getting elite kids. Right now, this generation equates playing in the SEC to making it to the NFL..which leads me to my next point..

2) Too many times we have heard kids say, "I want to play in big games." So they equate "big games" to playing in the SEC. Mario can turn that around immediately. Playing in the city of Miami should help. Just like USC can use playing in LA as being a big game every weekend regardless of who you are playing.

3) Winning. Pretty straight forward. Kids want to win.

Advertisement
Best line from the show was when he said Saban didn’t even know the names of our coaches because they didn’t matter

We're all hoping Mario lands more SFL kids, and gets us up the recruiting rankings. Obviously.

UGA is killing it on the trail already, as is A&M. But our hopes have to actually come to fruition for this to be reality.

So what do we think is gonna happen? Lincoln starts to keep more Cali kids home, Mario starts to keep more SFL kids home, UGA continues to recruit top 3 classes, A&M continues to recruit top 3 classes....and Bama just drops to like 10th overall? Because of Mario and Lincoln? That's pretty **** ambitious.

As long as Saban is there, they continue to win, and they continue to pay, they will continue to pull more than their share of Cali and SFL kids. Sorry, but I'm MUCH more optimistic on Mario's recruiting prowess than even the majority of this board, and I still have to call it how I see it. Mario isn't locking Saban out of Florida. That's just silly.

Where Mario has to gain a foothold is not letting EVERYONE come raid Florida. Saban is going to get his. He just is. So are the other elites of the elite. But of the Top 20 kids in the state in 2022, 7 of them went to the in-state schools. Mario needs to limit UGA, A&M, and Bama, but he's never going to keep who he wants and shut those dudes out. He needs to get more than what we've been getting, and keep the other schools out (OSU, UNC, OU, Michigan) and, where he really needs to make his bones, is he needs to own Norvell and Sun Belt Bill. If Bama gets some, whatever. But we need to get way more of what sometimes goes to FSU and UF.
I'm in the belief he gets elites in sfla and mixes it with national guys. Sfla kids love competition and they will want to play with OOS phenoms. I'm super convinced without a shadow of a doubt he does this. I was never confident in other staffs being able to do this even MR. Now this is a different animal from top to bottom. Trust me it will happen I believe it so much nothing can shake it. I could be wrong but my belief is through the roof based on Mario and everyone up top the money and the staffers we have brought in.

I also want to add Lincoln isn't some beast recruiter. He is a schematic beast but just like Cali kids are looking for hope and an excuse to go to USC and UM. He went to USC knowing it's easier there when they are committed than OU. He wasn't ever going to beat the SEC and blue bloods at OU never. No matter what gameplay he came up with it was over in the playoffs. Same thing Saban said if u watch the whole video. Saban said once his two star wrs got hurt it was over. UGA couldn't cover JW or Metchie and they didn't have another guy on the bench as explosive as those two. Although still good u need elite kids to win one on ones to make your gameplay work. UGA won the game as soon as those guys went down. Saban said it nicely but he's right it's about the players...he wasn't going to say yo the other guys suck but he basically did in a nice way. Got to give him props he keeps it 100

Advertisement
Hedgemaster Gaby’s new update on TE coach:

“I don't think it's definite but have heard some buzz on Monday that Stephen Field could keep the tight ends position at Miami. They may continue to sort through options but I'm of the understanding that Field could be the guy or is in a very good spot to be the guy. Things have changed quickly in recent weeks so not saying this is a sure thing. It seems to be trending this way though.”

Hedgemaster Gaby’s new update on TE coach:

“I don't think it's definite but have heard some buzz on Monday that Stephen Field could keep the tight ends position at Miami. They may continue to sort through options but I'm of the understanding that Field could be the guy or is in a very good spot to be the guy. Things have changed quickly in recent weeks so not saying this is a sure thing. It seems to be trending this way though.”
My goodness. I’ve tried to give Gaby a chance, but man. Literally any one of us can say the same thing.

Saban is out next year if Bama wins it all per a source. (One of the voices in my head)

Advertisement
Back