Jimbo Fisher Could Go to Texas

Jimbo Fisher is not the issue. Winston is. Look at Fisher's track record without Winston... And don't bring up recruiting. We were dominating back in Bowden's heyday, and that guy was an otherworldly recruiter back in the day.

While I don't think he is a top 5 coach, he has had success without Winston. Last year they went 12-2 with a BCS win and ACC Champ. Ponder and Manuel in the first round.

It would be great if he fell off a cliff or was raped by 12 baboons.

Was the OC for and QB coach for Matt Flynn and Jamarcus Russell too.

Advertisement
Jimbo Fisher is not the issue. Winston is. Look at Fisher's track record without Winston... And don't bring up recruiting. We were dominating back in Bowden's heyday, and that guy was an otherworldly recruiter back in the day.

You right Jimbo Fisher isnt the issue..... the issue is Al Golden being an inferior Head Coach.

Jimbo is a much better Head Coach b/c has to figure out how to get better every year as a HC..... b/c he is the head of a program that, although they've been down just as long as Miami, they still hold everyone accountable to a championship level standard.

While the weaklings in this fan base call mediocrity success and progress for their Lord and Savior so Al Golden can just keep making excuses about why staying the same is good enough to work b/c "we're still building, that's why it isnt working."

Lets look at Fisher's track record and tell me wtf r u talking about?

1st season as HC - 10 win season, wins the Atlantic, wins the Chick-Fil-A Bowl

2nd season, worst season, 9 wins, wins the Champs Sports Bowl

Last season, 12 wins, Wins the ACC and the Orange Bowl
( FSU fans were expecting to play in the National title game last season and werent satisfied w/ having to play in the Orange Bowl..... it's called expectations)

This season, Going to win the ACC and play in the National Title Game (Jameis Winstons 1st year)

and WTF does dominating in recruiting during "Bowden's heyday" have to do w/ Jimbo Fisher?.... Miami was a dominant team during that time as well, so i dont get ur point.

Jimbo has been killing Miami in recruiting when James Coley was on their staff teaming up w/ Odell Haggins..... James Coley became the best recruiter and coach on Miami's staff the day he agreed to be our Offensive coordinator.... i guess it's a start, THANK GOD.

Last edited:

You right Jimbo Fisher isnt the issue..... the issue is Al Golden being an inferior Head Coach.

Jimbo is a much better Head Coach b/c has to figure out how to get better every year as a HC..... b/c he is the head of a program that, although they've been down just as long as Miami, they still hold everyone accountable to a championship level standard.

While the weaklings in this fan base call mediocrity success and progress for their Lord and Savior so Al Golden can just keep making excuses about why staying the same is good enough to work b/c "we're still building, that's why it isnt working."

( FSU fans were expecting to play in the National title game last season and werent satisfied w/ having to play in the Orange Bowl..... it's called expectations)

This season, Going to win the ACC and play in the National Title Game (Jameis Winstons 1st year)

and WTF does dominating in recruiting during "Bowden's heyday" have to do w/ Jimbo Fisher?.... Miami was a dominant team during that time as well, so i dont get ur point.

Jimbo has been killing Miami in recruiting when James Coley was on their staff teaming up w/ Odell Haggins..... James Coley became the best recruiter and coach on Miami's staff the day he agreed to be our Offensive coordinator.... i guess it's a start, THANK GOD.

Just stop. I'm not defending Al, but Jimbo was in charge of that program two years before he officially became coach. It has taken him 6+ years and four top recruiting classes, together with a once-in-a-decade talent at quarterback, to get to this point. He also has top level facilities, a stadium on campus, and fans that show up to games.

Jimbo is about to have Bowden-like job security at FSU. He's got the admin by the balls. He will sign a contract extension soon making him one of the top 5 paid coaches in the country.

All paid for by the people of Florida.
State tax dollars hard at work.

Not concerned with Jimbo, once Winston leaves, FSU will go back to being a two or three loss team. Unless of course he sign another phenomenal QB.

Advertisement

You are so blind in your hatred you just come off as plain stupid.

You do know Golden has had this NCAA issue scaring fans, recruits, players for the past 3 years.
Look at some of the players we've taken the past 3 years because we've had to take somebody, and, let's face it, most top recruits said **** no.
You think Golden liked having MT and Collins go elsewhere?
You think he loved it when parents and recruits asked him if Miami was getting the death penalty, and he could only answer, "I don't know."
He couldn't even say, "No," as that could have been a lie of ignorance.

You think Golden liked foregoing 2 postseasons, and when asked if more bowl bans were coming by recruits, had to say, "I don't know."

How about playing for 3 years always down 10 scholarship players from some fuucked up self imposed reduction?

Lastly, do you think he enjoys having to hear vitriol from the likes of you, who ignore everything but your myopic agenda?

Just stop. I'm not defending Al, but Jimbo was in charge of that program two years before he officially became coach. It has taken him 6+ years and four top recruiting classes, together with a once-in-a-decade talent at quarterback, to get to this point. He also has top level facilities, a stadium on campus, and fans that show up to games.

Stop making sense.

Advertisement
Back