Jaylin Alderman LB from Louisville

Advertisement
I don’t get why we’re going for a portal LB of all the needs we have. Sooner or later the young guys need to have a chance to prove themselves and I honestly think we have the guys that will play to that level.
This is a unique year. You get one shot with Cam Ward. You win and make noise this year, the pressure is off a bit and your recruiting will reach UGA/Bama level with the buzz. Basically pull out all the stops and unfortunately sacrifice some of the younger guys who don’t want to wait.

Plus, you always need grown men with experience to take snaps. We are always an injury away from losing our best LB.

Advertisement
I don’t get why we’re going for a portal LB of all the needs we have. Sooner or later the young guys need to have a chance to prove themselves and I honestly think we have the guys that will play to that level.

Could it be a situation where they are expecting a LB to maybe transfer out?

not sure what to think on this one, but if we’re in ‘win now’ mode he definitely adds more experience and depth

Advertisement
I watched his game against FSU and can see the appeal. He has instincts and brings energy, which we need.

I stole this stat from David Lake, but we had four LBs play over 392 snaps last year. Two of those guys (Cloyd and Flagg) are gone. Plenty of snaps to go around with Guidry’s rotations.

Are you not familiar with cway’s game ? 😂

Devin Booker Shaq GIF

Last edited:
I watched his game against FSU and can see the appeal. He has instincts and brings energy, which we need.

I stole this stat from David Lake, but we had four LBs play over 392 snaps last year. Two of those guys (Cloyd and Flagg) are gone. Plenty of snaps to go around with Guidry’s rotations.
Stop using facts over feelings please. This is triggering to some

Advertisement
I have zero issues with this take if there’s space. My biggest concern with taking a LB is we still need to shed roster spots to fill the bigger priority needs we have.

Unless the staff feels like there’s still a ton of deadweight on this roster, we’re going to eventually start cutting into bone.

Advertisement

Mauigoa got 642
Bissainthe got 401
Flagg got 392
Cloyd got 361

I think we can expect Bissainthe to get a bump in snaps by 100-200. We don't have 2 young lbs that can contribute 200 each?

Like I said if the nil is cheap yeah get him. If not we got far biggest fish to fry

I have zero issues with this take if there’s space. My biggest concern with taking a LB is we still need to shed roster spots to fill the bigger priority needs we have.

Unless the staff feels like there’s still a ton of deadweight on this roster, we’re going to eventually start cutting into bone.
Theres the necessary deadweight to cut. whether the staff cuts it or not remains to be seen.

Zion, Denis, Redding, Gore, Balom, Freeney, Chase Smith. Kirk can also leave since we are brining in Brown and he has like 2 years left to play somewhere

Advertisement
Back