Official Javion Cohen and the OL Mentality

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
In an interview with Ferman's ON3 site, Cohen had some encouraging things to say about the mentality of the OL ..

“A lot of the guys who played last year progressed now to this year,”. “We have this mentality of go get the job done. All of us are progressing as a unit, and it’s really nice to see."

“It’s going to be very tough to get a sack on us this year. That’s the standard. We want that No. 9 (QB Tyler Van Dyke) jersey clean, no need to put it in the wash. That’s our goal, our standard and that’s what we’re going to play to.”

“I see the whole group stepping up. All of us have really taken a big leap from spring, really pushing the standard. Trying to process the whole University of Miami to where we want it to go.”

On Francis and Sampson: “They both are 5-star people first and foremost, great guys and positive workers. They have the lowest body fat on the offensive line. They are ahead of their time, two pros and will take over this city. The most advanced I’ve ever seen (as true freshmen). They are top tier freshmen in this country.”

"Us as a team this year, our focus is take it one game at a time, one play at a time. And we can surpass our own standards regardless of anyone else’s standards on the outside. We want to beat ourselves (regarding expectations) every day.”

Advertisement
In an interview with Ferman's ON3 site, Cohen had some encouraging things to say about the mentality of the OL ..

“A lot of the guys who played last year progressed now to this year,”. “We have this mentality of go get the job done. All of us are progressing as a unit, and it’s really nice to see."

“It’s going to be very tough to get a sack on us this year. That’s the standard. We want that No. 9 (QB Tyler Van Dyke) jersey clean, no need to put it in the wash. That’s our goal, our standard and that’s what we’re going to play to.”

“I see the whole group stepping up. All of us have really taken a big leap from spring, really pushing the standard. Trying to process the whole University of Miami to where we want it to go.”

On Francis and Sampson: “They both are 5-star people first and foremost, great guys and positive workers. They have the lowest body fat on the offensive line. They are ahead of their time, two pros and will take over this city. The most advanced I’ve ever seen (as true freshmen). They are top tier freshmen in this country.”

"Us as a team this year, our focus is take it one game at a time, one play at a time. And we can surpass our own standards regardless of anyone else’s standards on the outside. We want to beat ourselves (regarding expectations) every day.”

That’s exciting.

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Advertisement

FIRST time I seen a player around here talk that confident talk in a LOOOOONG time.. What a breath of fresh air.. guys be seeming scared even in the interviews **** got soo bad at miami, its no wonder when the first punch is thrown guys fold up.. NEED this from a player you KNOW can back it up, not from likeable player that folds when lights are on..

Advertisement
FIRST time I seen a player around here talk that confident talk in a LOOOOONG time.. What a breath of fresh air.. guys be seeming scared even in the interviews **** got soo bad at miami, its no wonder when the first punch is thrown guys fold up.. NEED this from a player you KNOW can back it up, not from likeable player that folds when lights are on..
Especially a kid that just came from Alabama

He’s seen what it takes

Especially a kid that just came from Alabama

He’s seen what it takes
Dude has like 25 starts under his belt and was really effective at the highest level.. I know the center gets alot of love, but Cohen is a huge piece and steal for us also, even hearing the dude speak back in spring its like this is what we need more of.. You see it in his interviews and his plays on field against top teams

PS: looking for this video, saw thumbnail of rueben bain from spring, lol.. dude has transformed

Advertisement
Dude has like 25 starts under his belt and was really effective at the highest level.. I know the center gets alot of love, but Cohen is a huge piece and steal for us also, even hearing the dude speak back in spring its like this is what we need more of.. You see it in his interviews and his plays on field against top teams

PS: looking for this video, saw thumbnail of rueben bain from spring, lol.. dude has transformed

Wow, first time hearing him speak. Sounds like a future coach and good role model for the freshman class

Advertisement
Sure hope he’s not the guy that gives up the first sack.

#sarcasm

All kidding aside, Cohen spent a few years at Bama, some of that time as a starter, so he should be well acquainted with hard work. Sabag and his staff don’t pussyfoot around. In fact, they found somebody to take Cohen’s spot even though he was a quality starter (presumably).

I look forward to seeing exponential improvement from the offensive line.

Advertisement
Back