Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

Who cares?

Have yall seen the Portal?

There’s gonna be great QB’s in the Portal every single year...

Bailey Zappe who was unrated 0-star QB coming out of HS, just came from a FCS program & lead the Nation in passing yards & TD’s. You can take a FCS kid & pair him with an Air Raid coordinator & manufacture productivity.

The QB market will always be bountiful because of the Portal, as long as you have a viable OC/QB evaluator you can pretty much replace any QB you lose.
I disagree

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Tbh I’ve thought the exact same thing

I think he’s here two more years regardless
He just feels like that type and also have to factor in Herbert at OU. He stood for the school (which Herbert loved growing up) and Mario....same scenario here TVD loves the school and we have Mario. Herbert risked his stock but still balling in the league.

Advertisement
I got trolled on here by multiple posters for saying TVD was the more consistent of the two and would be the backup . I always had it even or close but after the fall scrimmages I said he’d be the two. Then the assault started lol.

I also said he’d start the game after King was hurt. Did Jake make it close in fall? Yes , to the point the scrimmages could’ve swung it the other way. Point remains TVD was always the number two , as bad as that hurts some people.
He was no. 2 ahead of Jake bcuz of Manure's seniority rules

Advertisement
If we lost Garcia I'm letting u guys know it's not that big of a deal @Liberty City El is correct there are a ton of portal QBs yearly.

Terrible take. There are not a lot of top 50 type QB talents who are in the portal who want to come sit behind TVD for the next 1-2 years. Will be a hard pull and we won't get a guy as good as Jake IMO.

Also,

This thread is idiotic and detrimental to the U and I think it's shameful that people are keeping it alive and that the mods haven't nuked it. There is no evidence or even a traceable rumor at all about Jake leaving but it's been living at the top of the board day in and day out. Do no f'ing harm. This is a problem, not Jake.

TVD looked like a deer in headlights until he was given the full playbook. Before I crown any kid, the real proof is in year two after coaches have a year of film on you. TVD has forced some passes into double and triple coverage. He will have to take another step before the NFL dream becomes a reality. Faster decisions and tighter windows.

Garcia looked really good and could end up being another great Cane QB. No point in comparing the two as Garcia hasn't been given a ton of snaps.

Advertisement
Terrible take. There are not a lot of top 50 type QB talents who are in the portal who want to come sit behind TVD for the next 1-2 years. Will be a hard pull and we won't get a guy as good as Jake IMO.

Also,

This thread is idiotic and detrimental to the U and I think it's shameful that people are keeping it alive and that the mods haven't nuked it. There is no evidence or even a traceable rumor at all about Jake leaving but it's been living at the top of the board day in and day out. Do no f'ing harm. You all are the problem, not Jake.
U may be right the thread is pointless as of now ( I have no idea about him transferring) and my statement is probably bad if u think in your mind Jake is a great qb. I can see me sitting in shoes of those who think hes amazing and looking at my take as nonsense, I get it. I just never saw what everyone else saw and still haven't. But who knows these are all our takes and time is the revealer.

Advertisement
Back