jacurri brown in the portal

He wasn't QB4 because of the Caneville story though.
Dude not what I said at all. But thanks for clarifying the already clear .šŸ˜‚

Read It GIF by Satish Gaire

Advertisement
respectfully, he deserves his own thread

Good luck to this young man. He's been nothing but a team player. Unfortunately he is not at the level to play QB here. We can't take projects anymore. We need to start winning and making it to the playoffs. Cam and then Nickel are the type's of QB's who can get us there IMO.

I agree with this, I'd add: I don't think Emory will ever be anything more than a serviceable QB and jury still out on Poff (who had a very good spring as someone reported).

I bet we will go for a whale at the QB position in the portal in 2025
i agree w you about emory. he wasnt mobile and he wasnt even remotely special last year in his time. the throws were as bad as JB for the most part but the physical talent JB provided is what the modern QB needs to be successful. i do agree we go whale hunting in 25.

Advertisement
So them saying Mario lied to Jacurri isnā€™t evidence? Them saying he has outplayed all the QBs this spring (going out of their way to defend him and attack others) all this after his initial interview that caused problems to begin withā€¦ wouldnā€™t be guilty in court, but I wouldnā€™t say there is nothing there
JB could have transferred out as soon as the season ended. Just like TVD. Instead, he risked injury by starting and playing through the bowl game against Rutgers. He didnā€™t play great, but didnā€™t stink. Miami didnā€™t lose because of him. If not for JB the Canes wouldā€™ve had a walk-on QB start the bowl game.

Iā€™ll take that over some comments in the media.

As much as I've said about his ability to throw the ball.. or lack thereof.. he was making progress in that area. The decision making and progression aspect was too much for him to showcase his pure raw arm talent.

I bet he goes somewhere and is solid. Maybe even a good QB. Personally, I hope he goes somewhere like SMU, TCU, or Mississippi State. The Lashlee offense, the Briles/Lebby system, even Auburn and Hugh Freeze or USF and Golesh would probably make him a stud. Take the reads out and showcase his athletic ability. There's always the chance he goes one of those places and is a stud and it's another red flag on Mario's QB resume. Fair or not it would be portrayed that way.

It just wasn't going to be Mario and Dawson that develop him. His playing style and command/understanding of the offense don't work at Miami and it sucks for both sides. Not a system fit.

Hope no one tries to spin what I'm saying here. Not saying it's going to happen and also not trying to hedge it. It's a Jordan Travis/Hendon Hooker type situation but for every example like those guys there is a Joey Gatewood example.

As much as I've said about his ability to throw the ball.. or lack thereof.. he was making progress in that area. The decision making and progression aspect was too much for him to showcase his pure raw arm talent.

I bet he goes somewhere and is solid. Maybe even a good QB. Personally, I hope he goes somewhere like SMU, TCU, or Mississippi State. The Lashlee offense, the Briles/Lebby system, even Auburn and Hugh Freeze or USF and Golesh would probably make him a stud. Take the reads out and showcase his athletic ability. There's always the chance he goes one of those places and is a stud and it's another red flag on Mario's QB resume. Fair or not it would be portrayed that way.

It just wasn't going to be Mario and Dawson that develop him. His playing style and command/understanding of the offense don't work at Miami and it sucks for both sides. Not a system fit.

Hope no one tries to spin what I'm saying here. Not saying it's going to happen and also not trying to hedge it. It's a Jordan Travis/Hendon Hooker type situation but for every example like those guys there is a Joey Gatewood example.
Stop trying to speak facts and instead spread false narratives like caneville!! lol

Advertisement
i agree w you about emory. he wasnt mobile and he wasnt even remotely special last year in his time. the throws were as bad as JB for the most part but the physical talent JB provided is what the modern QB needs to be successful. i do agree we go whale hunting in 25.
Dream scenario
  • Cam Ward balls out this year and leads Miami to the playoffs while cementing himself as a future 1st round draft pick.
  • DJ Lagway gets playing time late in the year after Billy Napier gets fired and shows a ton of promise.
  • Lagway sees the success Cam Ward had and believes his similar skillset would thrive here as well. DJ leaves the gators to come to Miami and "compete" with Emory, Judd, and Nickel.
And then I wake up.

Heā€™s got potential and can be successful in the right scheme. Gus at UCF would grab him in a second.

Advertisement
I was never high on Jacurri Brown as a prospect. I saw him as a low probability project. He came into spring camp in 2023 as the #2 QB, which is why Jake Garcia left. By the end of fall camp Brown had been beaten out by Emory Williams. At that point Brown requested a redshirt.

This spring he found himself again behind Emory but also behind two portal QB's in Ward and PuffNstuff. The portal makes sense for him if he wants to play QB.

I'm curious as to what the marketplace thinks of him. Lashlee recruited Brown to Miami. Will Lash offer him again now? Im curious about that.

Brown has three to play three remaining. He can still sit one more year and be a two year starter if he can develop.

Miami is at a point in the program trajectory under Mario that you can't take a chance on a guy that has a ton of talent but may not put it all together. JB is a risk, with a ton of upside. But you have to remove all risk if you're Miami. He needs to go to a place that suits his skill set and isn't in a situation where they need to win now. Best for both parties. I'm sure he'll ball out.

Advertisement
If he work on his craft maybe in about 3 or 4 years he will be a high level qb somewhere. We just dont have that time table for what we trying to accomplish. Love his attributes but not his game at this current moment..and honestly with the media he was becoming a distraction when we already have a #1 QB. Wish dude luck in his next stop.
We've been saying this for 3 years already lmao

I like JB. He repped the U well. But this was his 3rd year out of HS. At some point, potential has to turn to reality. A high ceiling only matters if you reach it

JB could have transferred out as soon as the season ended. Just like TVD. Instead, he risked injury by starting and playing through the bowl game against Rutgers. He didnā€™t play great, but didnā€™t stink. Miami didnā€™t lose because of him. If not for JB the Canes wouldā€™ve had a walk-on QB start the bowl game.

Iā€™ll take that over some comments in the media.
ā€¦ well I was responding to the ā€œhe never complainedā€ aspect. And itā€™s also been said he refused to play in certain packages we wanted him toā€¦ he wanted the RS. Him playing in bowl game wasnā€™t just him doing us a solid. It was for his benefit too lol

Advertisement
Back