Injuries on the OL

Only positive to a negative thread.....

* Golden said suspended defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad, who will return in January as a redshirt freshman, is spending a lot of time in the weight room. “I try to stay in touch with him all the time,” Golden said. “He’s 256 [pounds] now, getting stronger and bigger. He’s eight weeks away, but who’s counting?” Muhammad, who is listed at 6-foot-4, arrived at UM at 218 pounds and played last year at around 235. “We’re just trying to offer support and making sure he’s doing the little things he needs to do. We’ll gladly welcome him back in January.”

I've seen him in person a number of times and he is noticeably bigger than his Frosh season. Like, by a lot.

What's the gameplan for him?

I know what it should be, Thomas and AQM creating havoc at DE. Unfortunately Chad will be a more athletic Chick and AQM will spend 50% of snaps in coverage at 260lbs.

Advertisement

* Golden said suspended defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad, who will return in January as a redshirt freshman, is spending a lot of time in the weight room. “I try to stay in touch with him all the time,” Golden said. “He’s 256 [pounds] now, getting stronger and bigger. He’s eight weeks away, but who’s counting?” Muhammad, who is listed at 6-foot-4, arrived at UM at 218 pounds and played last year at around 235. “We’re just trying to offer support and making sure he’s doing the little things he needs to do. We’ll gladly welcome him back in January.”

I've seen him in person a number of times and he is noticeably bigger than his Frosh season. Like, by a lot.

I know what it should be, Thomas and AQM creating havoc at DE. Unfortunately Chad will be a more athletic Chick and AQM will spend 50% of snaps in coverage at 260lbs.

I imagine he'll crash into OTs who outweigh him by 50 pounds.

But, seriously, unless something seriously changes, he'll mostly do what you're watching Mccord do this year.

If it were me running this show? He'd be our Jerome McDougal.

I imagine he'll crash into OTs who outweigh him by 50 pounds.

But, seriously, unless something seriously changes, he'll mostly do what you're watching Mccord do this year.

If it were me running this show? He'd be our Jerome McDougal.

If I didn't love this program so much it would be comical, for me it's just sad.

Our "rush end" spot has 1 sack this year. If you told anyone McCord would be playing 75% of snaps as a JR and would only have 1 sack though 8 games, they would call you crazy.

Advertisement
Back