Coaching If Bob Stoops is coaching OU’s bowl game….why not….BBB for 1 game?

TemplarCane

A Real One
Premium
With OU’s announcement that Bob Stoops will be coaching the Sooner’s bowl game, why not have a Canes reunion for our bowl game? 1 game only. Could be fun, especially if we play the Gaytors in Tampa. Assuming Manny and staff are gone.

HC Butch Davis
DC Chuck Pagano
DB/ST Ed Reed
RB Coach Sol

And get @Brooklyndee on staff…

I can’t think of past Canes who may be coaching, or were, or past position coaches retired or otherwise available for 2-3 weeks.

Let the rest get filled in by players from the Players Roundtable…..

#not_really_serious

Advertisement
With OU’s announcement that Bob Stoops will be coaching the Sooner’s bowl game, why not have a Canes reunion for our bowl game? 1 game only. Could be fun, especially if we play the Gaytors in Tampa. Assuming Manny and staff are gone.

HC Butch Davis
DC Chuck Pagano
DB/ST Ed Reed
RB Coach Sol

I can’t think of past Canes who may be coaching, or were, or past position coaches retired or otherwise available for 2-3 weeks.

Let the rest get filled in by volunteers from the Players Roundtable…..

#not_really_serious
IF accurate, you can't make this shït up.

Bob is just taking over management duties. In order to call plays then you’ll need to know the playbook.

Advertisement
Bob Stoops coaching the bowl game is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in football. Alvarez did it, but he was still associated with the program as an AD if my memory serves me correctly.

Seems you'd want someone there who's been there day to day during the season. Bob's a badass but is this their play to get him back?

Advertisement
Advertisement
In today's rush for clicks and "I'm first so pay, adore, and validate me", I've taken the believe it when I see Big Game Bob pacing the sidelines and throwing a clipboard when the Statue of Liberty play scores a TD.

Former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, who will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame on Dec. 7, will coach the Sooners' bowl game, a university source told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg, confirming multiple reports.

Stoops coached the Sooners for 18 seasons before retiring in June 2017. He led Oklahoma to a national championship in 2000, 10 Big 12 championships and 14 seasons of double-digit victories, and held a 190-48 overall record before handing off the program to Riley ahead of the 2017 season. He has remained active around the program, including helping to coach a practice last year when the staff was short-handed due to COVID-19 cases.

Advertisement
Some porsters have no sense of humor. This wasn’t to be taken seriously.

Go back to your handwringing over the AD situation.
Even though I know you’re joking, you have to realize that Butch has a cult amongst our fan base bruh...

This is very serious to them & they without doubt think that not only is this a possibility but they think it’s a really really good idea too lol

Bob Stoops coaching the bowl game is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in football. Alvarez did it, but he was still associated with the program as an AD if my memory serves me correctly.

Seems you'd want someone there who's been there day to day during the season. Bob's a badass but is this their play to get him back?
No, I doubt it. From what I’ve read, Stoops has been around the program for years. I assume Riley may be taking coaches with him to USC, so why not add Stoops for one mid-tier bowl game?

Even though I know you’re joking, you have to realize that Butch has a cult amongst our fan base bruh...

This is very serious to them & they without doubt think that not only is this a possibility but they think it’s a really really good idea too lol
Yeah, I should have realized this would trigger too many fans.

Advertisement
Back