I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

A few updates about my nephew.

1. He is down to Miami and Northwestern
2. Miami is definitely not NIL poor. NIL will not be a reason he goes to NU over UM
3. Miami is making every effort and sending a coach to meet with my nephew today at Stetson
4. I am still staying out of this unless I am asked for an opinion as I am clearly biased and he’s family, so don’t kill me if this does not work out for UM.
I think the big question is if he is willing to come along WITH the Oklahoma St Guard.

I think there's heavy smoke about the OK St guy and us. Idk if it's either or with these two...or if both would be takes.

Would mean probably a bench spot for your nephew along with Bethea if we get OK St guy, I would assume.

Advertisement
With the recent confirmed departures, we really need at least a couple more talented players. So the opportunity is there.

Don't know what Northwestern's attrition has been but -- a great academic school, with a hoops program on the come.
The only real advantage is that NU only has 1-2 open spots on their roster so they can assure Jalen that he is the last piece, whereas UM has 5 spots to fill.

I think the big question is if he is willing to come along WITH the Oklahoma St Guard.

I think there's heavy smoke about the OK St guy and us. Idk if it's either or with these two...or if both would be takes.

Would mean probably a bench spot for your nephew along with Bethea if we get OK St guy, I would assume.
This is precisely the issue.

Seems like from a recent conversation with my nephew that it will be one or the other.

Advertisement
That's what I figured. Makes sense.

So I imagine your nephew is waiting in OK St kid to decide until he makes a choice. He's probably the 2nd domino in this situation.
It is the other way around from our understanding. Jalen will get the first opportunity.
I am expecting a final decision within the next 48 hours.

FYI, the UM coaches have done a great job of recruiting Jalen. Regardless of the final decision, the family loves UM’s coaching staff.
Yesterday we were expecting an assistant to drive to Dayton to meet with Jalen. What we did not expect was that Coach L would also make the trip. That is about 4 hours each way on a Friday.

Things I can tell all of you of which I am extremely confident;
1. UM has a very competitive NIL budget in hoops
2. Coach L works hard
3. UM has a strong coaching staff

Advertisement
It is the other way around from our understanding. Jalen will get the first opportunity.

FYI, the UM coaches have done a great job of recruiting Jalen. Regardless of the final decision, the family loves UM’s coaching staff.
Yesterday we were expecting an assistant to drive to Dayton to meet with Jalen. What we did not expect was that Coach L would also make the trip. That is about 4 hours each way on a Friday.

2. Coach L works hard

Great to hear those 3 things. Thanks for sharing the experience.

2. Coach L works hard
If your nephew gets the first crack at a decision, and it sounds like it’s either him or Small (and not both), I think the playing time concerns can be put at ease. With Wooga officially gone, Miami’s only guards are Pack, Bethea, and Swartz. I don’t see how Blackmon wouldn’t get at least 25 minutes per game

2. Coach L works hard
Tell him welcome to the U.

2. Coach L works hard
If Jalen has first crack, then let's hope he picks the canes. I agree with a below poster, I don't think Jalen should worry too much about Playing time with the current construction of the team. He would split PG duties with Pack.

Advertisement
"very" isn't a word I would use if we couldn't pony up enough to keep Omier. That's a huge loss, and the guy loves the team and coach and more, but loves money even more apparently. Sure, maybe someone offered him the kitchen sink, but c'mon, this loss aint abt playing time...

"very" isn't a word I would use if we couldn't pony up enough to keep Omier. That's a huge loss, and the guy loves the team and coach and more, but loves money even more apparently. Sure, maybe someone offered him the kitchen sink, but c'mon, this loss aint abt playing time...
He didn’t leave because we didn’t have the NIL funds…

Advertisement
Miami wanted to get bigger at the position. Think they were open to bringing him back but we're going in a different direction as far as composition/skill set
OK, thank you. I definitely don't know enough abt the game to fully understand that, so surely can't refute that. Just seems strange (to me) to give up one of the best players we have had recently, and still great, but that's ok.

(and especially OK if it means AtlAtty is correct that our NIL coffers are just hunky dory.)

Advertisement
Back