Huge loss for the program

I'd like to think my criticism played a small part in her retirement.

big will ferrell GIF

Advertisement
Are you telling me that we will not be get any hard hitting Pulitzer price winning questions again? What are dark sad day for us canes fans.

#pouroneoutfortherealistreporteroutthere

Advertisement
Ehh I never understood the massive hard on for her. She's not the best sports reporter around but not many in S Florida have been good. Ethan Skolnick is good so he started his own empire.

First time in recorded history (Susan Miller Degnan) and "hard on" have been seen in the same paragraph. :beedog2:

Advertisement
Luv me some SMD.

Folks can say what they want about her but she never bad-mouthed the program, never bad-mouthed any of the players or threw anyone under the bus. She was a fluff reporter and stayed in her lane for decades. She will be missed.

The the thing about SMD is that her goofy questions allowed coaches to come off as human. The comedic relief had its place. I always said my biggest regret with UM not hiring Mike Leach is that we would have been truly blessed as fans to be able to have the combination of SMD questions and Mike Leach answers. :cool: Sadly, now they're both gone.
Regardless of SMD's question, I can hear Mike Leach right now...

"Susan, it's obvious you have never been on a pirate ship."

Advertisement
Advertisement
say what you want, but 39 years at one job/profession, especially one that has nearly died, is awesome.

good for her. everybody should get the chance to retire.
Agree. Best wishes to Susan. Anyone who works for the Herald rag for 39 years should get a gold medal.

Advertisement
Back