Huge loss for the program

Advertisement
Luv me some SMD.

Folks can say what they want about her but she never bad-mouthed the program, never bad-mouthed any of the players or threw anyone under the bus. She was a fluff reporter and stayed in her lane for decades. She will be missed.

The the thing about SMD is that her goofy questions allowed coaches to come off as human. The comedic relief had its place. I always said my biggest regret with UM not hiring Mike Leach is that we would have been truly blessed as fans to be able to have the combination of SMD questions and Mike Leach answers. :cool: Sadly, now they're both gone.
I was conflicted about what I was going to post here.

Initially was going to say she was a harmless cat lady and essentially a nice person.

But then I was going to say she stole money for about 40 years as a "journalist".

But then I remembered that it was the Herald's money so I don't care and any other emotion is just our collective jealousy that we can't or aren't stealing money from our employers for decades.

Soooo.....you essentially nailed it. To my knowledge and memory, she never tried to advance her career (as soooo many others have attempted) by hurting the program or school and she indirectly provided us with frequent comic relief. And to be completely intellectually honest, she did do good work on those occasional human interest type of stories when a player would give her access to their background and lives.

Godspeed Susan. We'll pet a cat and think of an ill-timed question about the punting game in your honor.

Advertisement
I was conflicted about what I was going to post here.

Initially was going to say she was a harmless cat lady and essentially a nice person.

But then I was going to say she stole money for about 40 years as a "journalist".

But then I remembered that it was the Herald's money so I don't care and any other emotion is just our collective jealousy that we can't or aren't stealing money from our employers for decades.

Soooo.....you essentially nailed it. To my knowledge and memory, she never tried to advance her career (as soooo many others have attempted) by hurting the program or school and she indirectly provided us with frequent comic relief. And to be completely intellectually honest, she did do good work on those occasional human interest type of stories when a player would give her access to their background and lives.

Godspeed Susan. We'll pet a cat and think of an ill-timed question about the punting game in your honor.
Well said, IIRC her son graduated from med school.
Kinda makes me sad, I grew up reading she, Edwin Pope and Jim Martz...gettin' old

She has been the Heather Dinnich Kiss of Death of local sports beat reporting all along. Last memory I had of her was CMC laying into her goofy *** in one of last years pressers for one of the dumbest questions she ever asked.

Thread doesn't disappoint. With Susan gone, I think this is our year boys. Gators getting their **** pushed in now.
What was the question?

Ehh I never understood the massive hard on for her. She's not the best sports reporter around but not many in S Florida have been good. Ethan Skolnick is good so he started his own empire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario telling the Herald to come get their kids.
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back