Heat Culture

maurice3p

Senior
I wish the Miami Hurricanes football team was more like the Miami Heat. Tough, gritty, and next man up mentality. Erik Spoelstra can pick 5 guys from the YMCA and win basketball games.

Mario Cristobal, on the other hand, needs a team FULL of 1st round picks just to be good. We have to do better.

Advertisement
Great Job Reaction GIF

Advertisement
I wish the Miami Hurricanes football team was more like the Miami Heat. Tough, gritty, and next man up mentality. Erik Spoelstra can pick 5 guys from the YMCA and win basketball games.

Mario Cristobal, on the other hand, needs a team FULL of 1st round picks just to be good. We have to do better.
Dur GIF

The last I checked, the teams at the top of the recruiting rankings are the ones winning the national titles. Blue chips are kinda important.
TCU, Cinci, Michigan, Washington didn’t need them all within the last five years. FSU, Ole Miss, Louisville all flirted with the postseason, and they haven’t exactly been super high in the recruiting rankings.

Now have they won it all? No, other than Michigan. UGA/LSU/Bama/Clemson talent (plus good X’s and O’s from a OC like Joe Brady and Esminger or Todd Monken, or a DC like Venebles/Smart/Saban) trumps all else, it’s the perfect pairing. They know what to do with their talent and their schemes are elite.

Blue chips = success for sure, there’s tons of data on it. Proud star ***** here…but you gotta do something with that talent. You have to develop that talent, you have to put them in advantageous situations to maximize their skillset and create mismatches on the field in order to succeed.

So far, it remains to be seen if Mario can develop his stars, and it certainly remains to be seen if he can out-coach his opponents considering he has a sizable talent advantage based on stars. Now if you want to say those stars weren’t good players, then maybe his ability as an evaluator comes up…but that’s a different discussion down the road.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like Elliot, Newberg, and Sonnone got tired of OP.

Advertisement

You mean the guy that's been Heat HC since 2008 and before that was Heat Asst. Coach under Pat Riley and for that matter still works for Riley... That's the guy you're trying to make a comparison too with Mario???
C'mon man.....
Smoke Weed GIF by Searchlight Pictures
..... I know it's 420 day but go easy... one at a time, no need to fry yourself out this early... You got all day...

it also took Pat Riley, Andy Elisburg, Chet Kammerer, Keith Askins and Spoesltra decades to build “Heat Culture”.

Who can forget the Hassan Whiteside, Dion Waiters, James Johnson and Justic Winslow led team from just 5 years ago?

Love Riley and the Heat, but let’s not forget his failures against the Knicks in the late 99’s with a team that started Hardaway, Marjerle, Mashburn, PJ Brown, and Zo.

Or taking Beasley over Love and Westbrook. Riley sure did love his knuckleheads for a time.

Advertisement
Back