Coaching Gus vs. Lashlee tonight

Advertisement
Yep. Gus sucks.

There is a dude on here who tried to tell me how Gus was a better coach than Heuple and how Frost did not win with O Leary's players.
Gus is like an old clown uncle, and without a Cam Newton type QB he will be inconsistent. Heupel was unappreciated by UCF fans because they loved Frost so much and Frost was a more dynamic and more aggressive play caller than Heupel. He had a killer instinct. Frost just had a great feel for the players and plays with more vertical attacking and usage of the entire field where as Heupel tends to play wide with a shorter passing game and safe vertical throws. Both are good, but Frost imo can be super special with FL type talent.

Frost was also building a beast team with recruiting. Heupel isn’t a recruiter, but his style will attract talent

I must say, the numbers that Hendon Hooker is putting up is impressive. Can you imagine what TVD would do in that type of offense

Advertisement
It’s amazing what scheme and coaching does. Dude was awful at VT.

lol wut

kid threw for 13 Tds and 2 picks his Rs Fr year for the Hokies, he was really good for them

their OL fell apart his So yr plus the whole team HATED Fuente and there was real tension in that locker room with him and their OC all yr but he never played awful for them

I got UCF in this one. Gus has been there longer and with the news of a group of SMU players sitting out the season, it's a recipe for toxicity among the team in the locker room, which will definitely reflect on the field.

Sidenote: CFB is wacky af: TCU barely beat SMU, 42-34 (after being up 28-7 in the 2nd), but then goes on to crush OU 55-24 the next week.
Plus they (UCF) have won a Natty within last 10 years.

#PowerProgramsDon'tLoseToSMUsOfTheWorld

So…if SMU wins, does that mean Lash will be the new fan favorite to replace Mario when the time comes?

I think I see where this is going.
Sauces tell me BoT already making plans to CLEAN HOUSE.

Once PLAYERS NOTIFIED, I'll share more details...

Lashlee hasn't done a bad job there so far. His two L's are to pretty good TCU and Maryland squads. His teams have also been competitive in every game.

Advertisement
lol wut

kid threw for 13 Tds and 2 picks his Rs Fr year for the Hokies, he was really good for them

their OL fell apart his So yr plus the whole team HATED Fuente and there was real tension in that locker room with him and their OC all yr but he never played awful for them
The times I watched him he was meh to just bad , Including our game. I couldn’t believe how much he’d improved at UT. He was averaging like 140-150 ypg as a passer while at VT. He was very meh . He did that for two years. Not sure what world says that’s good .

Beating Gus-Coached Auburn!

#Irony
☝️Dropping the knowledge👇

miniGif_20200422172516.gif

Advertisement
I must say, the numbers that Hendon Hooker is putting up is impressive. Can you imagine what TVD would do in that type of offense

I don’t think TVD would be able to play in Heupels system tbh. I’ve watched his system for years. Garcia would kill it in Heupels system. Imo TVD is a more limited QB than most people want to admit. JMO

Advertisement
Gus is like an old clown uncle, and without a Cam Newton type QB he will be inconsistent. Heupel was unappreciated by UCF fans because they loved Frost so much and Frost was a more dynamic and more aggressive play caller than Heupel. He had a killer instinct. Frost just had a great feel for the players and plays with more vertical attacking and usage of the entire field where as Heupel tends to play wide with a shorter passing game and safe vertical throws. Both are good, but Frost imo can be super special with FL type talent.

Frost was also building a beast team with recruiting. Heupel isn’t a recruiter, but his style will attract talent
Heupel is a good X and O coach but the longer he was at UCF, the worse the team got. He inherited a good group but by the time he left for UT, they had dipped in talent. Gus is a proven commodity but he hasn’t bothered to update his passing offense and remains stuck as a one dimensional run-first coach. The best thing that ever happened to Lashlee was going to SMU to work under Sonny Dykes. He was able to incorporate the Air Raid passing game with Gus’ HUNH zone rushing scheme.

This should be a good game. UCF has more overall talent but right now Lashlee is a better OC than Gus.

Heupel is a good X and O coach but the longer he was at UCF, the worse the team got. He inherited a good group but by the time he left for UT, they had dipped in talent. Gus is a proven commodity but he hasn’t bothered to update his passing offense and remains stuck as a one dimensional run-first coach. The best thing that ever happened to Lashlee was going to SMU to work under Sonny Dykes. He was able to incorporate the Air Raid passing game with Gus’ HUNH zone rushing scheme.

This should be a good game. UCF has more overall talent but right now Lashlee is a better OC than Gus.

I agree. He was a lazy recruiter and depleted the work Frost did to recruit and build them up. Heupel treated UCF as a very temporary spot for himself, so he didn’t put much into personnel or recruiting. His goal was always to leave UCF asap. We have close friends who work on his staff and moved to TN with him.

I’m not a fan of Gus at all.

Advertisement
Back