Geo's Predictions

Advertisement
That was Rivals.

Then On3 clearly didn’t get the memo early in the afternoon on Barney.

I’ll keep it very honest and frank. Miami missed on Barney, no way of spinning that.

We had two guys out there last weekend and this was the feeling and what everyone in the building was told coming out of the weekend, that Barney would be committing to Miami.

I don’t get into the hedging game or play both sides of the fence and only share what I get told from the horses mouth. A lot of people were told Miami, this catches a lot of people by surprise too. Anyone who tells you that they knew he was going to Nebraska that is around the football program and close enough to it, they’re lying to you.

Attachments

• 2E106F8F-F632-4545-9C97-57DBD430D92C.png
    2E106F8F-F632-4545-9C97-57DBD430D92C.png
    4 MB · Views: 6
Your last sentence is a major red flag/concern.Our side got caught for surprise yet the people covering Nebraska knew they had him.We're getting played and have no clue until it's too late.
I checked after the commit. Even the national guys who get fed the info from the local guys (I used to work for the services) were putting out Miami. Quite a few Nebraska guys put Miami too. No way to spin it, we got duped.

Advertisement
I checked after the commit. Even the national guys who get fed the info from the local guys (I used to work for the services) were putting out Miami. Quite a few Nebraska guys put Miami too. No way to spin it, we got duped.
Didn't mean you Geo,I meant our coaching staff.

6/29 - Barney will be a Cane. Miss
6/27 - schmo will commit. Miss
I don’t like hedging but we did mention before anyone even said a thing about Schmo heading elsewhere, that he was trending away from Miami on Thursday around 8PM. Miami even felt good about that one up until the day before, check around because we weren’t the only ones who said it either.

Not trying to get in defense mode, but even I am a little concerned because things are not matching up with what people in the circle are getting told.

I don’t like hedging but we did mention before anyone even said a thing about Schmo heading elsewhere, that he was trending away from Miami on Thursday around 8PM. Miami even felt good about that one up until the day before, check around because we weren’t the only ones who said it either.

Not trying to get in defense mode, but even I am a little concerned because things are not matching up with what people in the circle are getting told.
Geo there’s been a few too many losses piling up schmo Barney and kids to OU. Hopefully not both Odom and Mitchell. This is starting to get pretty concerning

So our coaches are ******* idiots and have no feel for this class?

Advertisement
Yepper. They're getting fed **** sandwiches by their "sources". Have been for months.
It seems that way. And to be clear, I trust our insiders are giving the info they can in the true form it is being presented to them, so this isn't on them. I just think the people handing them the info are either out of touch or straight delusional.

And if you can't be honest with yourself, you're not going to be honest with me.

Hit Rate: 71% (5/7) [Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

2023 Predictions

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/29Schmo isn't coming to MiamiPicked PittPush*
6/29Knight III will be a NoleNoleHit
6/29Flowers is picking Maryland. Miami not recruiting aggressivelyUMDHit
6/29Barney will be a CaneHuskersMiss
6/27OJ Frederique expect a flip soonCaneHit
6/27Geo see Schmo committingPicked PittMiss

* First prediction is the one counted. The Wiltfong last couple of day rule.

Advertisement
Note: In the spirit of the thread name change, I've switched from Accuracy to Hit Rate for the predictions in both Geo's thread and Flo's thread.

Given what transpired today, we've seen yet again that recruiting is extremely fluid and even the best can be blind sided. This most definitely isn't an exact science.

There have been some requests to create a thread to list the predictions of @Geo305 on Twitter Spaces and public tweets

Criteria for the predictions:

1. These are predictions that are measurable
  2. These are predictions that I heard in the space. There are quite likely some I missed.
  3. Multiple predictions can't include the same commit but with different time durations. If that happens, its a push.

Hit Rate: 71% (5/7) [Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

2023 Predictions

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/29Schmo isn't coming to MiamiPush
6/29Knight III will be a NoleHit
6/29Would be surprised if Mitchell isn't a Cane
6/29Odom: Miami's weekend visit likely not enough to close the gap w/Bama
6/29Flowers is picking Maryland. Miami not recruiting aggressivelyHit
6/29Would be shocked if Cole isn't a Cane
6/29Stewart will be picking an out of state school
6/29Barney will be a CaneMiss
6/29McCoy will decommit from FSU soon
6/29Sees Jones in this class
6/27Doesn't expect FSU commit to last much longer
6/27OJ Frederique expect a flip soonHit
6/27Mitchell: expects a commitment, on commit watch
6/27Cole on commit watch
6/27Geo sees Jones in the class
6/27Dylan Williams won't be Cane, contingency plan
6/27Geo see Schmo committingMiss
6/27Patterson will be a consensus 5* at the end
6/15Riley could commit this weekendCommitted that weekHit
6/15Trever Jackson doesn't have an offerGaby and Geo were rightHit

Hold on, I’m reading the 6/27 on Dylan Williams.

Was it said he’s a “contingency plan” or is Miami a “contingency plan” for him? I can’t see a top 200 player, regardless of position as a contingency plan. That’s wild af if true

It seems that way. And to be clear, I trust our insiders are giving the info they can in the true form it is being presented to them, so this isn't on them. I just think the people handing them the info are either out of touch or straight delusional.

And if you can't be honest with yourself, you're not going to be honest with me.

This new coaching staff is making rookie mistakes. My eyes are fully focused on the DL where Mario is personally heavily involved. If we do well there, we’ll recover. If that falls apart, then Mario is getting outmaneuvered and we have deeper problems than overly confident staffers.

Advertisement
Geo gives a lot of predictions and hits at pretty **** good rate. People will pick out the two he missed recently but leave out all the correct predictions. Imo he’s one of the better ones in that field with solid info. Geo is one of the few that lays their nuts out and doesn’t hedge. While doing it for free ,not begging for subs ($) , likes ,and follows. Laugh all you want it’s free info and better than most in these spaces.

It’s very easy for me to pick out frauds or people that do get some info and fly by the seat of their pants with the rest. My only knock is he can get a little quick on the draw with info , where a situation isn’t 100 % done. That’s always a dangerous game and can get you in trouble. Everything else is good Imo.

Last edited:
I’m not giving any of our “insiders” a hard time. I’m thankful for your post and the content you provide. My thing is just don’t feed me a load of bull**** to sunshine pump. Give it to us straight is all I ask.

I’m not giving any of our “insiders” a hard time. I’m thankful for your post and the content you provide. My thing is just don’t feed me a load of bull**** to sunshine pump. Give it to us straight is all I ask.
Can you give an example of what sunshine pump means? Everyone and their mothers, including Barney, knew he was going to Miami. You weren’t being misled. It’s recruiting in the NIL era.

Can you give an example of what sunshine pump means? Everyone and their mothers, including Barney, knew he was going to Miami. You weren’t being misled. It’s recruiting in the NIL era.

It’s not just the Barney situation. The content providers and some “insiders” on this board have led us to believe we’re leading for a large amount of high caliber talent (whales) while we continue to get commitments from 3 stars. We’ve lost out on multiple dudes that at one point on here said we were leading for or suggested would be in the class.

Odom - Bama Crystal Ball
Miller - A&M
Lightfoot - OSU Crystal Ball
Stewart - Not flipping from UGA
McCoy - Still committed to FSU
Staley - Tennessee
Gilmore - OU
Nesta - OU
Breland - Oregon/UGA now top 2
Stone - OU
Stewart - Suckeyes
Scott - Domers
Purple **** - Nebraska

You can’t sit there and tell me the ******* optics doesn’t look terrible right now. It’s overall getting our *** whipped so far in recruiting and have people continuing telling us wait for this next month for our wave to hit. Mario was brought in and said to be an outstanding recruiter. We did decent last year, but still had big fish bail on our *** at the end. Mario sure as **** isn’t great at X’s and O’s. Like I was saying I just don’t want to be misled in thinking things are well when I can see with my own two eyes it’s not.

Advertisement
Back