Official Gattis Fired!!

The guy's just trying to show a little decorum and keep it from turning into another Gattis hate thread. The guy's gone and the future's bright. No need to attack him about that.
captain-save-a-hoe-dance.gif

Advertisement
Over time things will come out that’ll explain the situation better. But if you want to believe money was the main reason this drug out for months and the local media saying “Miami didn’t want to pay the huge buyout” thats all on you. Miami suddenly just didn’t realize they were ok paying a huge buyout.

There’s a reason I posted last night” the clock is now ticking“. When i’ve never given a timeline since I said he was gone in late November.

It was very complicated and there was reasons why this was handled this way.
I apologize for having doubted you.

That said, any idea of the names Mario is focusing on for OC?

Mario cannot afford another failure with OC hire ! can Mario change his offensive mind set ? would like to see a change like Peetz from the Rams , but fear it will be Arroyo form his days at Oregon..... so tired of Power spread......

I agree. I don't want Arroyo. Let's see if he has learned his lesson, lol.

Advertisement
Over time things will come out that’ll explain the situation better. But if you want to believe money was the main reason this drug out for months and the local media saying “Miami didn’t want to pay the huge buyout” thats all on you. Miami suddenly just didn’t realize they were ok paying a huge buyout.

There’s a reason I posted last night” the clock is now ticking“. When i’ve never given a timeline since I said he was gone in late November.

It was very complicated and there was reasons why this was handled this way.

Do you think the reasons he was retained this long are justified?

Advertisement
Celebrating a man's firing is beyond disgusting...we can do better Canes fans.
Beg to differ. I am popping champagne tonight to celebrate the fact that UM has finally moved on from J. Gattis as OC and will be upgrading the position to reflect the investment being made in the program. It is NOT the fans fault that Gattis severely underperformed and he needs to move on and find his next career move.

Great day for sure.

But one question pretty much we all had since the last game in November until almost February

season 7 GIF

Seriously, what took so long??

Did CMC want to bring Gattis back despite last season's disaster?

Was CMC concerned there wasn't a better option available?

Some kind of financial issue?

Cribby et al ... what was the deal?

No, no, and no.

I wonder if today was the day that they pulled the trigger because Cristobal is close to naming the replacement
It makes sense. We all like to **** on the lack of urgency regarding Mario's decision-making timeline, but we're going to have an OC for Spring ball. That's just common sense - and he (the new OC) will need at least a couple weeks prior to start implementing his playbook, even if it's the basic components.

That plus the fact that Gattis' tenure here has been finished for months (internally), so Mario has had time to go through his vetting process and highlight potential candidates that he wants/reciprocates that interest.

I really think we'll have something by mid Feb at the latest, but we'll see.

Advertisement
I’ve not said anything about Coley. Only that Arroyo is currently the leader, but that there are other good options if he decides to choose a better school (Chud, Martin, Roman)
I’ve not said anything about Coley. Only that Arroyo is currently the leader, but that there are other good options if he decides to choose a better school (Chud, Martin, Roman)
All these names seem bad IMO

What were the factors then? You privy to the info ORI? **** near everyone of us would love to know why he was retained this long.

I've already said all I'm going to say. There were issues to document for employment contract/H.R. purposes.

He was not "retained this long". He was retained for about as long as Ponce was. I've already said the process was Weiss-like.

Advertisement
I never once wavered on the word of the Father, son and Holy @Cribby

Once he gives us hints at the next OC ima be hypeeeeee , anyone other than last year is an upgrade.

Advertisement
Back