Tears Gator Tears

Pressure bursts pipes… let’s see what happens when the big boys come hard after him. Especially the teams built to win and need a quarterback like him

Unless you guys are actually gonna back the brinks truck up for him just to prove a point
They have no issue backing up the brinks truck……

Under the condition he doesn’t open it until after he’s enrolled

Advertisement
Even if he makes it on campus, with what Florida has in the qb room, it’s almost assured that he would be a true freshman starter. The fans looking at that like he’s a sure fire can’t miss prospect is where the real tears will happen. I would have zero faith in napier developing him, which means he’d have to be the rare 4 star qb who is ready to Play immediately, and he’d have to overcome a vanilla, basic offense with no creativity. If he was smart, he’d entertain kiffin
If he makes it to campus, he’s the guaranteed starter day 1. Their QB room is so bad they’re trying to get a 2025 to reclassify and enroll NOW for next season.

jake-the.gif

while that may be true, y'all are in here talking like it's a guarantee that's not going to sign with UF as well. Keeping it a buck, i'm pretty sure it just stems from y'all having trouble locking down a top rated QB so some UM fans doing some projecting.

If/when he starts visiting other school(s), then i'll begin to worry but buddy has done everything to this point to show that UF is where he wants to be

UM's failure to sign top QBs aside, FU's starting QB this season is Mertz. AR underperformed all season, Gapier couldn't get Rashada enrolled due to a potential breach of contract by FU's collective (now defunct?), and the best option Gapier could bring in was Mertz.

I won't believe Mario can bring in a top-ranked HS QB until the ink is dry on the NLI, but I won't believe Gapier can bring in a top-ranked HS QB until I see him enrolled and playing/practicing with the team.

Last edited:
UM's failure to sign top QBs aside, FU's starting QB this season is Mertz. AR underperformed all season, Gapier couldn't get Rashada enrolled due to a potential breach of contract by FU's collective (now defunct?), and the best option Gapier could bring in was Mertz.

I'll won't believe Mario can bring in a top-ranked HS QB until the ink is dry on the NLI, but I won't believe Gapier can bring in a top-ranked HS QB until I see him enrolled and playing/practicing with the team.

That's fair my friend
6cddec0bfb429f94b518a960fa857f1358cebc52.gif

Advertisement
Not sure actually. Good point - I haven't really looked for stats recently. Just in the past.

USC is interested in Lagway btw. Article came out today on them beginning to up the pressure on him. Like I said, UF is delusional if they think he's 1000% sticking. UF will undoubtedly have to keep upping the bag, and they already paid a pretty penny to get him onboard early after the whole Rashada fiasco. Just wait til this season gets underway.

There are far better programs with more money and a better track record of developing QBs that want his services.
It’s just odd there is literally nothing out there on him.

USC red carpet vs UF red carpet seems like it might be a bit different

For some of you guys 40 and older, I watched that and thought of the The Cosby Show episode where Theo goes on a long diatribe about how they should just love him and at the end it’s quiet for a minute and you think they had a moment and then Cliff just unloads on him and calls him and idiot and it’s the dumbest thing he has ever heard.

Advertisement
#7 High School class and #9 portal class. Headed in the right direction.

The UM portal class is better than #9. It's skewed by some teams that have gone ham and just taken a lot of jags that earn them a lot of points. For instance CU is #1 because they took 50 kids and that roster will probably never play .500 ball. Bodies. UCLA and LVILLE are ahead of us on points, but they just have big desperation classes and are taking mids. Not in the same league.

As mentioned, we have the #4 class by quality, and a nice sized class to boot. I personally have us with the #4 portal class overall using the eye test, and #3 if you incorporate retention (for example FSU has brought in some nice players but lost a few good ones too). We barely lost anyone. One guy who really mattered.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love ya sir...but seriously...is The Gaytor going to take a second QB?

Because if you put all your eggs in the Lagway basket and he gets drafted by an MLB team...

I will LOVE IT...

nah i don't think so and there hasn't been any chatter (yet at least) of him and the MLB draft. That's intriguing.

Lol we're going to get Rashada to transfer back since we got a new NIL group

200w.gif

Advertisement
Back