Coaching Fat Al Golden vs Mandy Diaz (advanced analytics)

jackedaround

Junior
Since Mandy likes his analytics let's break it down. FWIW Golden was arguably trending up through this point in Season 3 (5-0 vs 2-3). Mandy needs to be 86'd. The stats don't lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5ot47m.jpg

Advertisement
There is a lot you can say about Al Golden but denying the NCAA investigation had an impact on his success would not be an honest assessment. I don't think Golden's defense does well here under any circumstance but he recruits better without the "cloud" and that translate it something better than what we got.

There is a lot you can say about Al Golden but denying the NCAA investigation had an impact on his success would not be an honest assessment. I don't think Golden's defense does well here under any circumstance but he recruits better without the "cloud" and that translate it something better than what we got.
it is more of an indictment on manny than al. al never lost to FIU.

what is more interesting is both used neck apparatuses for gimmicks. how in the **** does that happen?

Advertisement
Golden would still be here if he canned No D and made a solid defensive coordinator hire. Didn’t even have to be a good one.

He might be on his last leg with our fan base from a 9-10 win ceiling all of the years but he would still be here.

Advertisement
Golden was a head over heels better head coach than Diaz
Idk if I can say Golden is better than anyone. We lost gaggles of ball games because our defense aligned retarded and played prevent defense as we watched teams March up and down the field, then blamed it on his players execution for 5 years. Then he refuses to fire the blatantly horrific dc. He hurt so many players by beefing them up and eliminating their explosion. He lucked into Duke Johnson or his tenure is even more miserable. Hated that mf, and no recency bias is going to make me say anything latently positive about him

Coming from @Andrew , I'm like
Shocked Oh My God GIF

Advertisement
These numbers are through game 5 year 3
in fairness, I think he was blindsided by the NCAA stuff (I was told he wasnt hired to win.infering they suckered him) and he clearly quit after Stephen morris left. people forget when duke broke his ankle, others got injured but we were undefeated prior to FSU. He gave up instead of hiring a real DC BUT the guy had a good eye for talent and could develop.

Advertisement
Golden would still be here if he canned No D and made a solid defensive coordinator hire. Didn’t even have to be a good one.

He might be on his last leg with our fan base from a 9-10 win ceiling all of the years but he would still be here.

1000%. He was far better at recruiting and player evals across the board on both offense and defense than Shannon, Richt, and Diaz.

I don't think the 3-4 is the right defense for Miami, but there are ways to run it that would have been much more effective . Unfortunately he decided to tie his coaching career to a horrible DC.

Advertisement
Back