Official Fall Camp PractiSe #7: Wednesday August 9

Some observations by Gaby:

-The offensive and defensive line were going at it with Alex Mirabal’s group working on some run blocking sets that displayed plenty of movement by the front. It was tight end Cam McCormick paired with the first-team offensive line during these runs. The Oregon transfer was brought in to be a physical presence at the line of scrimmage and will play a key role in helping Miami establish the run.

-Nyjalik Kelly still seems to have the edge over Jahfari Harvey over a week into fall camp. The rest of the defensive line looked the same as far as the lineup with Leonard Taylor, Branson Deen, and Akheem Mesidor making up that first unit.

-Nathaniel Joseph got some work with the outside receivers with Xavier Restrepo working on the inside of him. It was interesting to see both slots on the field. Joseph is looking like a strong candidate to backup the veteran here in fall camp and looks to continue to push for plenty of playing time.

-Ajay Allen looks like a natural pass catcher out of the backfield. The Nebraska transfer has generated buzz since arriving at Miami and is working behind incumbent Henry Parrish. True freshman Mark Fletcher was working behind Allen. Don Chaney has been running 4th

-One person who flashed during block shedding drills was true freshman linebacker Malik Bryant. Javion Cohen had a strong rep on Francisco Mauigoa. Samson Okunlola and Anez Cooper were a few more offensive lineman who performed well during block shedding against linebackers.

-Bryant, Raul Aguirre, Keontra Smith (against Francis Mauigoa) and KJ Cloyd were a few more with a win against the offensive line.

-Daryl Porter got an opportunity to kick things off as the outside cornerback alongside Davonte Brown and Jaden Davis (nickel). That second corner spot seems to be a position that’s up for grabs here in fall.
chaney 4th? looks like they are being cautious with him which is fine by me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For the people that (understandably) say well this is the same positive vibes we hear every season

Last year that was not the case. Yes some reports always say the same thing but there was a lot of concern from certain people last year

Am still recovering from the 3 headed monster couple of summers ago...

Last edited:
The point wasn’t that Mario was responsible for those injuries but that those really took some wind out of sails.

(I get why it seems like I am pointing the finger based on how I phrased it)

The biggest point was that we had a lot of guys banged up (and not just typical banged up) and that killed us last year due to Mario/Felds S&C & Practice approach. I will admit health is also a game of chance when it comes to sports. Sometimes you’ll get 6 players that all land on the turf awkwardly and down they go. Other years you’ll get very few of those (fingers crossed)

What specifically about their S&C and practices attribute to a higher than average injury rate?

Advertisement
Theres two halves of that season, the first one was already not bad offensively, the second one was the best one fans got to see in a hot minute.

We played NC State, Pitt and Florida State, who were all ranked in the Top 50 in DFEI and scored 30+ twice and 28 once. I remember going into Pitt thinking "Oh boy" and its 21-7 within the first six minutes lol
What’s crazy is that offense wasn’t even elite. It was just so much better than richt and enos that we went nuts.

What’s crazy is that offense wasn’t even elite. It was just so much better than richt and enos that we went nuts.
Can you blame us? We suffered through almost 20 years of blow-style offenses. We finally had an offense that wasn't in the bottom third of the nation. Just being "pretty good" was a huge jump for us!

The point wasn’t that Mario was responsible for those injuries but that those really took some wind out of sails.

(I get why it seems like I am pointing the finger based on how I phrased it)

The biggest point was that we had a lot of guys banged up (and not just typical banged up) and that killed us last year due to Mario/Felds S&C & Practice approach. I will admit health is also a game of chance when it comes to sports. Sometimes you’ll get 6 players that all land on the turf awkwardly and down they go. Other years you’ll get very few of those (fingers crossed)
That's not my quote

Advertisement
i played college i take none of these media views seriously.

Especially when they were commenting on orders FIRST day when you just in shirts n shorts.

Hald the time going thru drills i just went in whatever position i felt like.

There not even watching much TEAM or internals.
Facts bro!!! Lol the first day reports had me smh! The guys like yourself know what’s up!

Matt Lee has become a must watch interview. He’s quickly becoming my favorite player and hasn’t played a down. Very impressive. So happy he’s a ‘Cane.
Lots of important recruits last off-season but he might be right up there at the top considering his position, talent, and leadership

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back