ESPN ACC Weekend Recruiting Wrap

By Gerry Hamilton

Remember this unofficial visit: Roquan Smith

ESPN300 No. 26 Roquan Smith made an unofficial visit to Miami (Fla.) over the weekend, and the Hurricanes made a very favorable impression. That means the Under Armour All-America Game outside linebacker is likely to return to Coral Gables in December for an official visit. While Georgia and Florida were once the top two, the Gators have seemingly slipped with UCLA and Miami moving up. LSU and USC also remain in contention with a decision not expected un January or national signing day.
He sat with me during the Duke game...when he found out Shaq had committed he had wanted to know what it was that made Shaq commit. I answered as best as i could...didn't try recruiting the kid he has enough of that pressure already... i basically told him i'm kinda bias towards Miami being honest. I suggested that he takes all of his OVs and make the best decision based on what he feels and take only 25 percent what the people are telling you...they have their best interest at heart and you should do the same...After the game i introduced him to Darrion in the locker room... he seemed to be at ease...saw him at the UGA camp last year and UF Spring Game this year....i wish him the best of blessing ....

If there were more people like this in the world, it would be a happier place. Just appears to be a solid dude.

Thanks!

Advertisement
By Gerry Hamilton

Remember this unofficial visit: Roquan Smith

ESPN300 No. 26 Roquan Smith made an unofficial visit to Miami (Fla.) over the weekend, and the Hurricanes made a very favorable impression. That means the Under Armour All-America Game outside linebacker is likely to return to Coral Gables in December for an official visit. While Georgia and Florida were once the top two, the Gators have seemingly slipped with UCLA and Miami moving up. LSU and USC also remain in contention with a decision not expected un January or national signing day.
He sat with me during the Duke game...when he found out Shaq had committed he had wanted to know what it was that made Shaq commit. I answered as best as i could...didn't try recruiting the kid he has enough of that pressure already... i basically told him i'm kinda bias towards Miami being honest. I suggested that he takes all of his OVs and make the best decision based on what he feels and take only 25 percent what the people are telling you...they have their best interest at heart and you should do the same...After the game i introduced him to Darrion in the locker room... he seemed to be at ease...saw him at the UGA camp last year and UF Spring Game this year....i wish him the best of blessing ....

Nice to have someone who gets it. That aside a little nudge wouldn't hurt 😜

Butch did not get 5 stars at DT. DT is also the most difficult position to judge and tends to have the most players not living up to their ratings.

We need LB's, but Tennessee got Shy Tuttle. Thats 2 5* DL for 2015 for them. Butch would have these boys committed already.

No he wouldn't have had Shy. Don't be stupid. If you'd like me to explain how I know, I will.

I'm interested so please go on

If Butch was coaching at UNC, Shy may have went. I played where shy plays and his coach was my strength coach. Shy wanted to be closer to home. Where we are from, is a small town. Big city is not what we are used to in our town. Kid wanted to be at Tennesee. No Bag men involved.

Advertisement
Back