Elijah Alston: "We’re not here for palm trees. We’re trying to win championships."

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Immediately following the spring game, Pete and I hosted a live CanesInSight/Canes Connection podcast at Titanic. We were privileged to sit down with Miami’s newest pass rusher, Marshall transfer DE Elijah Alston. Below is transcript of the interview, also available on video above:

On his first few months in Coral Gables: It was a fast-paced transition. I got here late in January, so there was a little bit too much going on trying to get adapted. But other than that...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Not much buzz on this kid, but he adds nice quality and depth. If Messidor is healthy this is a great unit if one of the younger guys can step up. Between McConathy, Lighfoot, and Blount one will pop.

Not much buzz on this kid, but he adds nice quality and depth. If Messidor is healthy this is a great unit if one of the younger guys can step up. Between McConathy, Lighfoot, and Blount one will pop.
I actually see him being used how Kelly was before he got hurt. Remember Kelly was "dropping" in coverage a lot to help confuse the OL. Not many DE's can do that. The clip posted above dude looks like a big SS jumping a pass and housing it. Again, not many DE can do that. That is why I am pumped for him in Guidry;s scheme. He is a nice chess piece to create confusion, not necessarily a Bain or Messidor who will dominate the point of attack.

Advertisement
"I’ve got is a yoga class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but it's good." I missed out on the Yoga elective, I demand a refund!

bruh this man's hobbies aside from football and working out are to "lay down and sit in the house"

I am glad I can tell my wife I picked up a new hobby today.

However I am pumped to see this guy in Guidry's scheme.

When you're married, the only time a dude is able to sit around house is when you're sitting on the toilet dropping a deuce and even then they impose a 2 hr time limit which leaves one insufficient time to watch UM scrimmage on YouTube.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am so appreciative of the culture that is being established. This kid sounds like a good human, as well as a great talent on the field. These interviews have depth and maturity in almost every one DMoney does. It's refreshing, and I'm thankful it has taken root here, **** well past time it did.

For all the Mario haters, Miami is serious about football again because of him. From top to bottom, 5* to walk-on that culture is taking hold.. even if we never reach the peaks we all want to see Mario get this team to, I will always be appreciative that he reset the course of this program.

Edit: minus the "lay down and sit in the house" comment.. cmonnnnn man 🤣

I am so appreciative of the culture that is being established. This kid sounds like a good human, as well as a great talent on the field. These interviews have depth and maturity in almost every one DMoney does. It's refreshing, and I'm thankful it has taken root here, **** well past time it did.

For all the Mario haters, Miami is serious about football again because of him. From top to bottom, 5* to walk-on that culture is taking hold.. even if we never reach the peaks we all want to see Mario get this team to, I will always be appreciative that he reset the course of this program.

Edit: minus the "lay down and sit in the house" comment.. cmonnnnn man 🤣
Nothing wrong with lying down and sitting in the house if your other two hobbies are demanding 95 percent of your attention. I’d rather have the kid lying down and sitting in the house than out and about like that Oregon safety.

Nothing wrong with lying down and sitting in the house if your other two hobbies are demanding 95 percent of your attention. I’d rather have the kid lying down and sitting in the house than out and about like that Oregon safety.
But how will he have time for gas station pics with his Dodge Charger if he's just sitting in the house and laying down all the time outside of practice, meetings, school, weights, and team obligations? Make it make sense.

Advertisement
Back