Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not đź« )

Advertisement
I wish BCU in present time were living up to Mary McCleod Bethune’s vision and uplifting her good name.

I wish Ed was a little more refined.

Stealing money from college students will always be more egregious than panzy *** social media posts.

Having a filthy *** campus for a private school is unbecoming of the foundations HBCU’s are supposed to be built upon.

Yeah Ed can be better but now BCU needs to better.
We’re is this proof that BCU is stealing from the student???? Ed Reed wasn’t even there 2 weeks and he already knows the financial structure of BCU. LOL

You are making this personal. I simply said the conditions at the facility, as described by Ed Reed, would be unacceptable at a prison facility. I am not sure how i am equating an HBCU to a prison by saying that. I think you are being obtuse. As for what I know about BCU, I knew enough to do my own research before I spoke, I did not just listen to what Ed Reed had to say. You may want to go look at some of my posts about this topic in general. I get the impression you may be waaaaaaaaaay off on who i am, and what i am about. I will respectfully leave it that. Nice middle finger by the way. Respectfully.

Liked for solid use of "obtuse."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's the thing.

I respect Ed Reed. I just think that if he wants to coach, he is better off starting out as a position coach, MAYBE a Co-DC.
There are two things which I laugh at on this board with regularity:

Ken Dorsey isn't good enough to be our OC.
Ed Reed should work his way up as a DB's coach and forget all that HC **** until I decide he's ready to be that.

Let's skip 1 and focus on Reed. Here's an NFL HOFr who was by all measures, the best DB ever to play the game so far. He saw what the offense was going to do before they did it. Other QB's said so. He knew where everyone was going and knew where everyone on his side should be.

And yet

we have people with melted brains who think the guy can't teach a full team how to play, given he wasn't going to try and be the DC or OC simultaneously and understood how to manage a team by any metric especially when other knowledgeable persons/coaches were questioned about it. He was recruiting at a high level BCC hadn't seen in ages. And yet, man, he should just be a DB coach at UM and forget all that ****.

You have to be one brain dead mfr to even think you know what he should do and that you are right about it. You don't know 1/4 of what he knows and guys in here sit in judgement of him for wearing his heart on his sleeve. Must be nice to be so intelligent and even knowledgeable about football that you even blurt **** like that out and you aren't the only one either so don't think I'm picking on you.

Its just arrogance to think that you know what an NFL Hall of Famer should do and how he should do it. He's not telling an engineer how to build a bridge, he knows better. But ****, here, we got geniuses who all line up in the "gotta be a position coach, then coordinator, then...."

paws

its sad really.

ED20 is having a meltdown, he's fighting with everyone. not a good look for him.
no its not, he's mad as **** about the situation there. He handled it poorly, there's no debating that.
He wears his heart on his sleeve and a few other things it seems as well, but...you can't win a war on your own, you need allies.
He's burning those allied bridges along with everything else.

Advertisement

Ed Reed should work his way up as a DB's coach and forget all that HC **** until I decide he's ready to be that.

Let's skip 1 and focus on Reed. Here's an NFL HOFr who was by all measures, the best DB ever to play the game so far. He saw what the offense was going to do before they did it. Other QB's said so. He knew where everyone was going and knew where everyone on his side should be.

And yet

we have people with melted brains who think the guy can't teach a full team how to play, given he wasn't going to try and be the DC or OC simultaneously and understood how to manage a team by any metric especially when other knowledgeable persons/coaches were questioned about it. He was recruiting at a high level BCC hadn't seen in ages. And yet, man, he should just be a DB coach at UM and forget all that ****.

You have to be one brain dead mfr to even think you know what he should do and that you are right about it. You don't know 1/4 of what he knows and guys in here sit in judgement of him for wearing his heart on his sleeve. Must be nice to be so intelligent and even knowledgeable about football that you even blurt **** like that out and you aren't the only one either so don't think I'm picking on you.

Its just arrogance to think that you know what an NFL Hall of Famer should do and how he should do it. He's not telling an engineer how to build a bridge, he knows better. But ****, here, we got geniuses who all line up in the "gotta be a position coach, then coordinator, then...."

paws

its sad really.

You have obviously developed a hard-on for me recently. While some may find that flattering, you should seek professional help.

To briefly dispense with the stuff on Ken Dorsey, he has been working his way up the ladder, which is a process that builds trust and credibility with the players being coached.

As for the rest of your bloviation about Ed Reed, I have already posted the challenge, to name any HOF player who successfully transitioned to being a Head Coach (let alone anyone who STARTED at Head Coach). I named Mike Ditka, who wasn't even a first-ballot HOF'er, he was voted in as a player YEARS after he started coaching Da Bears (and after serving as an assistant coach to Tom Landry for 9 seasons). But past Ditka? Who?

And the reason I issued the challenge is beyond obvious. Being a great player doesn't mean someone will be a great coach. Different skills are required.

I love Ed, and he's entitled to do what he wants to do. I (and just about the entirety of college and NFL football) feel his goal of coaching would be better served, and better realized, by building his experience and skill set at a level below head coach, before he actually becomes head coach. And while I support what Ed is saying on a factual basis, the way in which he is saying it GIVES AMMUNITION to some who would say that more preparation/learning is usually required by HOF players before they become head coaches.

It's not a controversial or shocking suggestion. But you turned it into something...bizarre...

And yet

paws

its sad really.

Knowing (1) how to be a great player and (2) how to recruit, teach, coordinate, etc., are in different stratospheres. I know a few baseball players who have had success at the highest levels, and they are the last guys you want managing a team.

Where the proof and that’s mighty rich after living through UM’s admin for the last 15 years
Starting at 10 mins Dr. Boyce Watkins details how much of a **** Bethune has been. Jeff Litesey goes on to highlight how the alumni are suing Bethune.

Knowing (1) how to be a great player and (2) how to recruit, teach, coordinate, etc., are in different stratospheres. I know a few baseball players who have had success at the highest levels, and they are the last guys you want managing a team.

Yep.

I'd even say...IN ANY SPORT...how many HOF players went on to either "start out as head coaches" or "succeeded as head coaches"?

Not many.

K.C. Jones? He started out as head basketball coach at Brandeis in 1967, but he didn't make the NBA Hall of Fame until 1989, after he had coached the Celtics to two titles. So he wasn't a slam-dunk HOF'er as a player, and I think his HOF resume improved with his coaching success.

Advertisement
Starting at 10 mins Dr. Boyce Watkins details how much of a **** Bethune has been. Jeff Litesey goes on to highlight how the alumni are suing Bethune.

Dear Sir,

Do you have something tangible beside a YouTube vid? Posters parrot what they hear without any bit of proof and spread like the gospel. Example count filings as

If BCU is proven to be acting inappropriately then they should be held accountable but what does that have to do with Ed Reed

Advertisement
I think BCU was in danger of not being able to continue not too long ago? Thought it was around 2018 or something. They hadn't being doing a great job of keeping their finances and in order and racking up big debt. Think I recall there was even a rift between them and the city about not paying for events and what not timely.

I grew up in Ormond/Daytona and remember in HS the passing tournaments/7 on 7. We played in the same stadium for our HS games that they use for their stadium, locker rooms are the exact same as they were then. I graduated HS in early 2000s.

Hopefully they can get it figured out there because that community wants to support that University and is still really proud of their contributions to the community.

Knowing Daytona and the corruption of that city it wouldn't shock me if some of it bled into the University.

You have obviously developed a hard-on for me recently. While some may find that flattering, you should seek professional help.
and then you switch to practicing psychiatry without a license.

You totally got where I said: TheOriginalCane said.....

Oh wait, I didn't. SO Cool, glad you thought this was all about you. Arrogance and narcissism seem to go hand in hand with you now. You keep doing you.

I get your point about how many you've never seen players become great HC's. I'd also like to ask, when was the last time HOF player was working as a coach you know of? Jerry Rice? Joe Montana? Dan Marino? Fran Tarkenton? Warren Sapp? Barry Sanders?

Yeah me neither. They rarely do, for whatever reason, but my point was simply that trying to lay claim that they couldn't do it is stupidity simply based on the ASSUMPTION that they CANNOT translate it to coaching because one guy says he had ONE ANEC-*******-dotal experience with a baseball player?

Paws

seriously?

I agreed with you on Ed's demeanor. Seriously, go back to my replies above this and you'll see I agreed with the emotionality sentiment against him.

But it stands that there is little evidence to support the theory that a HOF player cannot step in as a HC and do a great job.

My only question on this is, why TF is this nikka the AD and head basketball coach?! Lmao. That tells you everything you need to know about that university!
Hired him as basketball coach and gave ad job to be able to afford him.

Met him earlier this year, pretty cool and down to earth guy.

Hired him as basketball coach and gave ad job to be able to afford him.

Met him earlier this year, pretty cool and down to earth guy.
It's actually not that uncommon in smaller schools for a coach to also be the AD. Right down the road at Embry Riddle, Steve Ridder is the Head BBall coach and AD. His son, Ryan, was the HC at Cookman prior to Reggie, coaches Tennessee Martin now.

Advertisement
Back