Rumor Each Day Past Today (Mon, 28 Nov)..It Gets Weirder and Weirder With Gattis

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Certainly not predicting he will stay/go*, but if Gattis (or anyone else) isn't relieved of duties by today (Mon, 28 Nov), it just gets weirder and weirder.

Like filling out the staff last year weird and drawn out...

*no small part of me thinks he stays

Advertisement
B754517D-E238-4272-87D5-9676929C7B70.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Be patient. Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean it hasn't already happened. Gattis could be interviewing and Mario could be doing a search all at the same time and it could be announced at any moment.
*just imagining a scenario*

So what would happen if Gattis strikes out on all of his interviews and doesn't land a gig anywhere? Does Mario fire him outright or allows some other scenario where he (Gattis) is able to save face?

Every moment counts now leading to NSD my friend
Yes I understand that... But getting the right hire is way more important than hiring somebody a few days faster.

I'd wait until after this weekend before expecting a new hire announced. Not sure what that means for when we'll be told Gattis is gone.

*just imagining a scenario*

So what would happen if Gattis strikes out on all of his interviews and doesn't land a gig anywhere? Does Mario fire him outright or allows some other scenario where he (Gattis) is able to save face?
I'd think at this point no matter what Gattis is gone. Mario highly values culture/chemistry and having a guy on staff that has basically been told he's not welcome back is a recipe for disaster.

Yes I understand that... But getting the right hire is way more important than hiring somebody a few days faster.

I'd wait until after this weekend before expecting a new hire announced. Not sure what that means for when we'll be told Gattis is gone.

Letting Gattis go and making the next hire don't have to happen simultaneously.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Fwiw manny didn’t announce some firings just announced new hires

Letting Gattis go and us being told Gattis has been let go also don't have to happen simultaneously.

They don't and I think he probably has been notified for some time now. If Mario can inch nearer to NSD and keep the class with the worst OC in history technically on staff, props to him.

Advertisement
Back