Duke=Barry Sanders and Walter Payton

My Duke = Payton comp was not received well, but I stand by it. I'm 50 and I watched Sweetness do things that you would expect from a bigger RB. Duke reminds me so much of him: style of running, stiff-arm is almost identical, nearly the exact same size, and tough.

No Sanders or LT.......All Payton!

....and what's wrong with comparing! Good for conversation.

Advertisement
Considering how durable (or willing to play hurt) Walter was, we can take him out of the conversation. I don't see Barry, a little, but Barry was unique.

As others have said, the comparison to the two is absurd. If he's those two, what does that make running backs who are and were better than him?

Considering how durable (or willing to play hurt) Walter was, we can take him out of the conversation. I don't see Barry, a little, but Barry was unique.

As others have said, the comparison to the two is absurd. If he's those two, what does that make running backs who are and were better than him?

Why is it so difficult for human beings to delineate between style/skill set and career achievement/overall accolades

People are just dumb

there no better heisman campaign than giving a man the ball, no coincidence all this pub is following a 29 carry game, I respect the coaches for preserving him early, but its time to ride him to a big time turnaround, Duke can be a frontrunner for NY on 11/16 if the next 2 weeks like last Thursday from a touches standpoint

if he runs for 200+ against FSU he will be in NY. We have the biggest weapon in college football and didn't draw up a game plan around him until we were 4-3. That's criminal.

To reiterate, my LT comparison is based on STYLE! Thurman Thomas was a solid one, too, though.

Advertisement
"He kind of reminds me of Walter Payton, where he can stop and go sideways," Tuberville said. "One of those Barry Sanders-type of guys that can accelerate, hit a hole fast and change directions."

nowhere in there does he say that duke is as good as either of them. **** title on the thread and on the article. clickbait bull****.

Last edited:
Garrison Hearst or deangelo Williams in the league would be fair for now.

Nvm Just watched some Hearst film. D[]_[]Ke is considerably better.

Last edited:
OK, let's drop the fantasy NFL legends stuff and deal with the reality of today. Remove your Canes' shades, who do you like better: Duke or Abdullah from Nebraska?

OK, let's drop the fantasy NFL legends stuff and deal with the reality of today. Remove your Canes' shades, who do you like better: Duke or Abdullah from Nebraska?

If healthy, I think Duke will be the better RB in the NFL.

Advertisement
Granted, health is always a variable, but who is the better player today?

If healthy, I think Duke will be the better RB in the NFL.

D[]_[]KE better ypc, more receptions and yards. Less TDs but that's the coaches not his skills. Compare the stats. Abdullah was shut down against McNeese st and Michigan st.

Advertisement
Duke > Abdullah. Imagine Duke behind that Nebraska OL running against OUR defense!!!

This.

The same denominator will shape their NFL careers as well. Which O-line will they run behind? '14 Bucs OL or '14 Cowboys OL? Duke will be a top 5 back behind a Cowboys OL...conversely he could be bottom 5 behind the Bucs sorry *** excuse for a line.

I'm taking AA over Duke all day long. AA is sadistic in and out of his cuts. Nebraska is one dimensional as ****, but he still gets it done unless you face our DC who isn't smart enough to completely forego the thought of them passing the ball. He's stronger, quicker, faster, and more durable at least to this point.

Disclaimer: I'm by no means dogging Duke, AA is just a bit better. Give Duke that extra year building upon this season, who knows. The biggest question I always had was durability and he's been up to the challenge so far this season. Has he lost a step with the added weight....sure, but I'd rather have him healthy than not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back