Duke and McDermott know

We need to stop looking for any little statement we can twist into a scenario where the player (or player's parent) is throwing a corch under the bus. It hasn't happened and it won't.

Us believing that players didn't perform to their talent levels due to corching isn't the same as a player saying they didn't play up to their potential. These kids aren't being nuanced with their comments so as to leave that doorway of interpretation just cracked enough so the public can be left to decipher what they really mean. These are two kids basically blaming themselves yet again- right or wrong.

So, you're interpreting their comments in the way that fits your argument (the players are blaming themselves even though neither actually said that), but you're castigating others for interpreting the comments in the way they choose. Good stuff.

Advertisement
McDermott would have been a first rounder if coached by Butch.

Duke too. It's sad. We have the best RB in the game and he's looked at nationally as not even a first rounder.

Good job Al.

We need to stop looking for any little statement we can twist into a scenario where the player (or player's parent) is throwing a corch under the bus. It hasn't happened and it won't.

Us believing that players didn't perform to their talent levels due to corching isn't the same as a player saying they didn't play up to their potential. These kids aren't being nuanced with their comments so as to leave that doorway of interpretation just cracked enough so the public can be left to decipher what they really mean. These are two kids basically blaming themselves yet again- right or wrong.

So, you're interpreting their comments in the way that fits your argument (the players are blaming themselves even though neither actually said that), but you're castigating others for interpreting the comments in the way they choose. Good stuff.

No, I'm applying the context of history here. The kids on this team constantly blame themselves and publicly defend the corches. Just not seeing this as a break in that.

And at this point I don't even care. This actually probably helps Duke's draft stock. "Selfless, Consummate team guy.."

Last edited:

No, I'm applying the context of history here. The kids on this team constantly blame themselves and publicly defend the corches. Just not seeing this as a break in that.

And at this point I don't even care. This actually probably helps Duke's draft stock. "Selfless, Consummate team guy.."

Did they come out and say, "it's or fault" or "we didn't execute", or are you interpreting their comments to mean that?

Advertisement
While it would not surprise me one bit if they thought Golden was incompetent, I'm pretty sure they were blaming themselves more so than Golden.

Did they come out and say, "it's or fault" or "we didn't execute", or are you interpreting their comments to mean that?

Did they imply otherwise? But does the entire team have an extensive history of saying as much and even jumping to the defense of the corches in an unsolicited manner? Obvisoulsy, read what you want into it but I'm just not convinced these kids are sending out nuanced statements. Perhaps they should.

McDermott a 1st rounder? Not under any coach.

They aren't calling out the coaches. Stop.

Advertisement
Tad you should really try not being above the fray for once in your CIS-life.

Hahaha. I'm not above the fray at all. I'm just too beaten down to get riled up about certain things. We could fill SLS to capacity for a nooner against Wake with all the things we as a fanbase wish were true. It gives me no jollies to once again think a kid is reciting "it's on us" talking points.

This is the pathetic coasal divison in the ACC... our record in the SEC would be underachieving with the talent on this roster.

Should be undefeated, only clowns like jerseycane think that having a winning season takes rocket science mixed with luck to pull off.

Advertisement
Duke hates Folden. So do a few other of our top players. I know that as fact. You can choose to believe the truth or ignore it.

These dudes know all the talent was wasted by this **** staff no matter what they choose to say to the press.
I believe it and should make going into next season quite entertaining as we will be having this same exact discussion next year.

No we won't. Golden and the team under Golden has absolutely peaked. This year's team was the only shot Golden had at riding any sort of momentum into gaining a recruiting advantage. And he šhìt the bed. Next year, we might win 7-8 games but you can bet the 2016 class will fall apart, as will the 2015. That is for certain after a 6-7/7-6 season. The whole "rebuilding" bull**** has grown tired. He was able to sell a lot of really good players over the past four years and with his best team yet, could not win the ****** coastal.

Next year, it's ALL gonna fall apart and Goldens career will be done for. That will be the only consolation for me.

Advertisement

Did they imply otherwise? But does the entire team have an extensive history of saying as much and even jumping to the defense of the corches in an unsolicited manner? Obvisoulsy, read what you want into it but I'm just not convinced these kids are sending out nuanced statements. Perhaps they should.
Why won't you answer the simple question?

They aren't speaking their mind and calling out coaches.

If you post the same thing ten more times in this thread you will convince everyone that your interpretation of their words is better than everyone else's interpretation.

They aren't speaking their mind and calling out coaches.

If you post the same thing ten more times in this thread you will convince everyone that your interpretation of their words is better than everyone else's interpretation.

Lulz @ "they aren't speaking their mind". Freudian slip. Of course the players aren't expected to speak their mind, they must tow the party line and support the staff no matter what.

Advertisement
Back