Coaching Does Prime Stay HBCU Or Does He Go D1P5?

FUQ SABAN and CIS slurpers

I hate Saban. I was just pointing out the Mario worked under Saban (for 4 years), where he learned how to run a proper Top 10 P5 program. If FSU wants to turn around their football program, they need a guy with that level experience. And Sanders is not that guy.

OSU is the only other program I'd say has an equivalent level "system" in place. Even Clemson is too cult of personality around Dabo. USC is only getting going again, UTx is too booster-controlled. Maybe Jimbo at A&M if he finally starts winning or Smart at Georgia give you some of that learning. But with Bama and OSU, the infrastructure is rock solid.

FSU is a joke right now, so ignoring them and focusing on Sanders, if he wants to leave Jax for greener pastures, assuming he won't do the Bama/OSU path, I agree a place like Louisville or Houston would be perfect for him. Not sure he could recruit effectively at GT because of admissions. Va Tech could be a good landing spot with their access to the DMV.

Whatever he does, I hope he succeeds because he's been a great ambassador for the kids and the game. And he should have been a Cane not a Nole.

Advertisement
Me and a couple of buddies were at the Swan hotel at Disney in Orlando for NBA All Star Weekend, it was like 3am, NO ONE in the lobby.

All of a sudden we hear this system pumping mad base, we walk to where the front door was and there is this black Ferrari, and out step Dieon Sanders and MC Hammer, and I swear I have no idea where all these women came from, I'm talking fine women, dressed to impress, no skeezers in the bunch.

It was like the reverse of turning on the light at midnight in the kitchen when the ****aroaches go running under the cabinets, here they came running out of the wood work, like ninjas stalking their prey. I do not even know. Fleas to a dog doesn't describe it.

And off they went to the elevator....

I slept alone that night.

All of a sudden we hear this system pumping mad base, we walk to where the front door was and there is this black Ferrari, and out step Dieon Sanders and MC Hammer, and I swear I have no idea where all these women came from, I'm talking fine women
Prime Time. Hammer. Ferrari.

No need to specify that these women were fine :cool:

Keep an eye on GT after Collins gets the boot.
Good thought. Especially since GT will be lucky to win 4 games next season. I don't know who they ****ed off on Tobacco Road, but they have one of the illest schedules I've ever seen, considering how bad GT is.

Monday, Sept. 5 – Clemson (Mayhem at Mercedes-Benz Stadium/Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game)
Saturday, Sept. 10 – Western Carolina (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Sept. 17 – Ole Miss (Bobby Dodd Stadium)

Saturday, Sept. 24 – at UCF (Orlando, Fla.)
Saturday, Oct. 1 – at Pitt (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
Saturday, Oct. 8 – Duke (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Thursday, Oct. 20 – Virginia (Bobby Dodd Stadium)

Saturday, Oct. 29 – at Florida State (Tallahassee, Fla.)
Saturday, Nov. 5 – at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, Va.)
Saturday, Nov. 12 – Miami (Fla.) (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Nov. 19 – at North Carolina (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
Saturday, Nov. 26 – at Georgia (Athens, Ga.)

Find me 4 wins on that list. They'll be 7+ point underdogs for every road game. Home games against Miami and Ole Miss are losses. Kickoff game at Clemson is a loss. That leaves home games against WC, Duke and UVA as "winnable" games.

I put a couple stray bucks on GT season win total 3.5.

Monday, Sept. 5 – Clemson (Mayhem at Mercedes-Benz Stadium/Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game)
Saturday, Sept. 10 – Western Carolina (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Sept. 17 – Ole Miss (Bobby Dodd Stadium)

Saturday, Sept. 24 – at UCF (Orlando, Fla.)
Saturday, Oct. 1 – at Pitt (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
Saturday, Oct. 8 – Duke (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Thursday, Oct. 20 – Virginia (Bobby Dodd Stadium)

Saturday, Oct. 29 – at Florida State (Tallahassee, Fla.)
Saturday, Nov. 5 – at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, Va.)
Saturday, Nov. 12 – Miami (Fla.) (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Nov. 19 – at North Carolina (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
Saturday, Nov. 26 – at Georgia (Athens, Ga.)

Find me 4 wins on that list.

Noles will have an interim coach by Halloween.

Like Tech's chances in that one.

Good thought. Especially since GT will be lucky to win 4 games next season. I don't know who they ****ed off on Tobacco Road, but they have one of the illest schedules I've ever seen, considering how bad GT is.

The makeup of that schedule shows GT isn't even trying to win.

Only six home games on the schedule and the administration sells the best draw of the lot to the Kickoff Classic folks for a "neutral site" game where the crowd will probably be at least 70/30 Clemson.

No coach with any clout would agree to moving a conference game out of your own stadium against a team that might be Top 5 to start the season

Advertisement
Nahhhhh, at least I don't think so. FSU had some good wins last year, & they also had some "good losses", plus you didn't hear a lot of negativity coming from their locker room. I say they win 7 games minimum, 9 if I'm being generous.

It's more the money. They still owe Willie. I'd have to go back but I'm pretty sure it's through 2023. Then they'd owe Norvell. Then they'd owe the buyout of the guy they poach. I think they need to run down their liabilities one more season if not two.

I think he ends up at FSU.

The only way I can see Prime at FSU is if FSU leave Nike to join UA. Prime has made it clear that he has beef w/ Nike b/c he felt he deserved more $$ for his shoes. It’s a touchy matter between those two. He was asked if he would ever go back to Nike & he said naw, unless they wanna pay what they owe me. From what I understand there’s 3 sore spots w/in Nike: Curry, Felix, & Prime Time. All 3 were grossly mishandled.

Nahhhhh, at least I don't think so. FSU had some good wins last year, & they also had some "good losses", plus you didn't hear a lot of negativity coming from their locker room. I say they win 7 games minimum, 9 if I'm being generous.

I said the same chit & got blasted for it. The Noles actually looked competent last yr. I saw a lot of their games. It’ll be interesting to see if they take another step forward or not.

Advertisement
Noles will have an interim coach by Halloween.

Like Tech's chances in that one.

The makeup of that schedule shows GT isn't even trying to win.

Only six home games on the schedule and the administration sells the best draw of the lot to the Kickoff Classic folks for a "neutral site" game where the crowd will probably be at least 70/30 Clemson.

No coach with any clout would agree to moving a conference game out of your own stadium against a team that might be Top 5 to start the season
I’m not sure I agree with your premise here. I think GT gets exposure. GT and Clemson are rivals. **** I think it is a win for GT.

Prime going to FSU will be similar to Mario coming here. The initial boost in profile, fund raising and recruiting will be huge. Will prime win a recruiting battle or two against us, you betcha but PrIme still needs to prove himself as a coach. Doing it at a HBC and a P5 school are two worlds apart and I’m not sure he can do it. Being a P5 coach is a grind just look at what Mario has to do here and FSU is in worse shape. Why would Prime want to do that?

Advertisement
Back