2025 DJ Pickett 5* Safety from Zephyrhills

This was terrible because of the staff but I wish they did stuff like this now and wish they mic'd up coaches and players and put it on youtube

Not a big fan of the 2 minute clips here and there.
Omg that would amazing to see Mario and his staff he's put together going over whose a take an why an why not. Especially to compare to where we were. I don't get the big secret they should start a youtube channel and do videos like this an let it all go to recruting.

Advertisement
BndWujoLo5vmWtR096.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pickett ain’t going to UF. Don’t care if they give him 75K to commit, he won’t sign there. It’s Miami v LSU.
75K is chump change in today's NIL market, especially for a 5-star Elite caliber athlete.

Also considering he has the leverage in negotiation, if they're offering a 75K commitment bonus that's really a low ball offer.

Oregon, LSU, or Miami. He’s going to get paid like the best player in the country and he may be.
Exactly will be one of these three, UF doesn't have the coaching staff to land elite players like this, plus they'll be fired by mid-season anyways and will elite themselves for most blue chip guys

His Dad just recently said playing close to home will be a factor in DJ's commitment.

He said it to Wiltfong in his most recent On3 article.

Excerpts:

Zephyrhills (Fla.) High five-star plus cornerback DJ Pickett and his family made it back to Florida on Friday to spend more time with head coach Billy Napier, defensive backs coach Will Harris and the Gators program.

- "We have seen Florida a few times,” Pickett’s father Damien said. “The trip was to allow Coach Harris to speak with DJ more in-depth."

- "Big takeaways was Coach Napier knows people are waiting to see how Florida does this year.”

- "Coach Harris is a hands on coach,” Damien said. “And the guys seem to buy into everything he is telling them.”

- "Play close to home,” Damien recapped from the discussion with Napier. “So your entire family can see you play multiple games a year.”

- The Pickett family knows they’ll be back in Gainesville on Aug. 31 for the game against Miami. That will be an unofficial visit.

Advertisement
His Dad just recently said playing close to home will be a factor in DJ's commitment.

He said it to Wiltfong in his most recent On3 article.

Excerpts:

Zephyrhills (Fla.) High five-star plus cornerback DJ Pickett and his family made it back to Florida on Friday to spend more time with head coach Billy Napier, defensive backs coach Will Harris and the Gators program.

- "We have seen Florida a few times,” Pickett’s father Damien said. “The trip was to allow Coach Harris to speak with DJ more in-depth."

- "Big takeaways was Coach Napier knows people are waiting to see how Florida does this year.”

- "Coach Harris is a hands on coach,” Damien said. “And the guys seem to buy into everything he is telling them.”

- "Play close to home,” Damien recapped from the discussion with Napier. “So your entire family can see you play multiple games a year.”

- The Pickett family knows they’ll be back in Gainesville on Aug. 31 for the game against Miami. That will be an unofficial visit.
That eliminates Oregon our biggest competition and family environment with Booker like your said is big

That eliminates Oregon our biggest competition and family environment with Booker like your said is big
UGA & LSU have been the biggest comp for us in this recruitment.

I've been the most worried about LSU, because Corey Raymond is really difficult to beat & it appeared early on that LSU was offering a lot of money. But in light of recent events, it seems like Brian Kelly might not have the blank checks he thought he had.

I'm not worried about UF at all. If we lose a recruiting battle for a DB to UF, then we simply didn't deserve him. We have way too much stacked in our favor to have a real battle with UF for a prospect like DJ. Especially, with the Booker Jr factor playing in.

As long as we can keep him away from LSU & UGA, I think we score big on this one.

UGA & LSU have been the biggest comp for us in this recruitment.

I've been the most worried about LSU, because Corey Raymond is really difficult to beat & it appeared early on that LSU was offering a lot of money. But in light of recent events, it seems like Brian Kelly might not have the blank checks he thought he had.

I'm not worried about UF at all. If we lose a recruiting battle for a DB to UF, then we simply didn't deserve him. We have way too much stacked in our favor to have a real battle with UF for a prospect like DJ. Especially, with the Booker Jr factor playing in.

As long as we can keep him away from LSU & UGA, I think we score big on this one.
Is LSU considered "close to home"? I can understand UGA but even that is 7 hours away by car.

Advertisement
He’s not going to Florida. Maybe he doesn’t land here but no way is he going to go play under coach walking dead

Advertisement
Back