Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of that over Joy Taylor?

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

FA37A298-362D-4EA6-AF6D-DAC6EF252095.jpeg

Advertisement
So Campanelli has experience in both 4:3 and 3:4 defenses? Wonder which he would run as a DC

Flores defense was pretty lock down, created a lot of turnovers blitzed a lot. Boyer still depended on the cover 0 and was iffy at making adjustments.
big fan of those cover 0 and single high looks. i really only watch my team but i remember the Dolphins vs Ravens last year.

Yup. Also, look at strong and Steele.
Their kids are grown.
Imo you either get a young up and comer with toddlers or an older coach whose kids have moved in to college and a

Your are 100 correct.
But at the same time Miami still has an image issue with people from rural areas that have never been here and have no idea what coral gables is. Downtown coral gables is way nicer than the downtown of most college towns by a mile.
Judging from your posts you seem to be well traveled. Have you noticed that people from other countries are more likely to want to want to visit Miami than someone from Arkansas or Indiana?

Not judging people from those states but as a person who has worked with resident physicians from other states it’s a common theme that they bring up. “My mom thought I was crazy for wanting to do residency here”.
“My friends always worry about me”.

I find that sht hilarious cause nobody has a problem when their kid gets accepted to a residency at John Hopkins. But come to Miami and it’s omg my poor baby!

Yeah; it’s a complete miseducation that stems from old ideologies. Ppl see “Miami” and automatically assume the entire city is Miami Vice or Cocaine Cowboys. What’s interesting is that I don’t hear parents say, “I don’t want my kid to go to Arkansas b/c Little Rock is one of the most dangerous cities” or “I don’t want my kid to go to Georgia Tech b/c Atlanta is a dangerous city,” or “God forbid my baby going to Georgetown b/c D.C is a dangerous city.”

I just don’t get these narratives about Miami, when u can clearly see it’s located in legitimately one of the nicest & safest cities in America. EVERY school’s location have outside dangers; ****, even UCLA, if u stray far enough. However, that doesn’t mean UCLA’s immediate surrounding areas isn’t one of the nicest & safest! Same w/ us; Miami’s immediate surroundings are nice, but of course if u stray far enough, u’ll be in a compromised area, just like every university in America.

Advertisement
You mean we're not getting Glenn Schulman to leave the back to back national champions, in his home state, when the last guy who was Co-DC/LB coach on that staff became head coach of Oregon before turning 40?
We have a big budget and a world class city bro. We can absolutely pull guys like this

😑

Advertisement
Campanile has almost the same career trajectory as Mike Macdonald. Never called plays but is incredibly well-respected in coaching circles and has coached under some brilliant defensive minds.

Macdonald worked out great for Michigan. Hoping for the same type of success with Campanile

Campanile has almost the same career trajectory as Mike Macdonald. Never called plays but is incredibly well-respected in coaching circles and has coached under some brilliant defensive minds.

Macdonald worked out great for Michigan. Hoping for the same type of success with Campanile
Hoping he can have a Schuman type trajectory a few years from now

Advertisement
Yeah; it’s a complete miseducation that stems from old ideologies. Ppl see “Miami” and automatically assume the entire city is Miami Vice or Cocaine Cowboys. What’s interesting is that I don’t hear parents say, “I don’t want my kid to go to Arkansas b/c Little Rock is one of the most dangerous cities” or “I don’t want my kid to go to Georgia Tech b/c Atlanta is a dangerous city,” or “God forbid my baby going to Georgetown b/c D.C is a dangerous city.”

I just don’t get these narratives about Miami, when u can clearly see it’s located in legitimately one of the nicest & safest cities in America. EVERY school’s location have outside dangers; ****, even UCLA, if u stray far enough. However, that doesn’t mean UCLA’s immediate surrounding areas isn’t one of the nicest & safest! Same w/ us; Miami’s immediate surroundings are nice, but of course if u stray far enough, u’ll be in a compromised area, just like every university in America.

The myths got a permanent boost in 1981...

paradise-lost.jpg

Advertisement
I care more about the OC hire than the DC hire. It’s a different day and age. Even Georgia is giving up 42 points to a Buckeyes team down all of their top WRs.

I’m fine with Campanelli. Great recruiter. Great pedigree. Well respected in the NFL. Just start making moves Mario.
As a defensive guy, it pains me to admit this but you’re 100% correct. For defense I just want a guy who will be here for 3-4 years so we can build a culture and finally have some continuity.

We need a home run hire on offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back