Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong hasn't called a Defense in almost 14yrs....if that's our answer at DC....I honestly don't know what to say.
So he forgot how to call defenses. What you think he does in the LB room. Also i remember man talking bout they dont want Dorsey cuz he never called plays. You either have it or you don't simple

Advertisement
Deez Nuts GIF
No he didn't....what I said is Facts. Don't want either of them. All that was said is Strong Won 2 NCs as a DC....and Steele has zero.

If man think Strong is not good enough to call our Defense, please get your head check. Also is one of the best recruiters on the defense. Coaches either have it or they don't. He been coaching for the past years, even when not a DC. He wasnt laying on the beach somewhere. Our fans have gone brain dead from the OC thread.

Advertisement
No he didn't....what I said is Facts. Don't want either of them. All that was said is Strong Won 2 NCs as a DC....and Steele has zero.
Don't even worry about it I think everyone just ****ed off this process taking so long and now we're down to 0 coordinators with spring ball in 3 weeks. I would be on board for Strong if they wanted continuity and not blowing up the defensive staff

If man think Strong is not good enough to call our Defense, please get your head check. Also is one of the best recruiters on the defense. Coaches either have it or they don't. He been coaching for the past years, even when not a DC. He wasnt laying on the beach somewhere. Our fans have gone brain dead from the OC thread.
Richt wasn’t out on the beach between his time at Georgia and Miami. How would you feel if Mario made him the play caller again?

From the article: But that mitigation has an unusual clause, leaving the decision on whether to pursue such a job up to Leonhard's "judgment regarding what is in the best interest of his family."

Isn't it always the case that you have the option to still work? Seems odd that they specifically included that in the clause.

Yeah, looks like he is using his unused vacation before they terminate him. I wonder why they didnt just cut him after the bowl game and pay him out all of his unused time then; the only thing I can think of is that it would keep him medical insurance going?

But he's on the payroll through Feb. 28 while using unused vacation and personal leave. He can cash out any remaining leave as of Feb. 28 on his final payroll payment.
Yeah I don't understand what that clause is about either.

With the way he's using leave right up until the buyout kicks in, I think he's planning on sitting out the next year. **** shame too.

Advertisement
Richt wasn’t out on the beach between his time at Georgia and Miami. How would you feel if Mario made him the play caller again?
Thats different because Mark Richt scheme was outdated and was the issue. He knew how to call plays. I have no issue with Charles Skrong's scheme or his playcalling

That proves nothing....Strong does have 2 NCs as a DC, and Steele has none. That doesn't mean I want him now.

Steele carried Gus at Auburn. To the point where the boosters tried to carry out a coup and make Steele the HC, because they were so scared they were going to lose him.

Nobody ever tried to dethrone the king to put Strong on the throne.

Advertisement
Steele carried Gus at Auburn. To the point where the boosters tried to carry out a coup and make Steele the HC, because they were so scared they were going to lose him.

Lol....it's one thing to dethrone Gus....It's on an entire different level in regards to dethroning Urban who actually Won 2 NCs at UF....Silly comparison.

Go find any booster group in the south thats gonna do that for a black DC.

That proves nothing....Strong does have 2 NCs as a DC, and Steele has none. That doesn't mean I want him now.
Lmao...your response was literally an endorsement of Strong as DC in December.

It's no big deal - just helping you remember something you'd said that maybe you'd forgotten you'd said since you're now on an anti-Strong rant.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lmao...your response was literally and endorsement of Strong as DC in December.

It's no big deal - just helping you remember something you'd said that maybe you'd forgotten you'd said since you're now on an anti-Strong rant.
I'm not Anti Strong....We can do a whole lot better. I'm Anti indecisiveness to the point of exhaustion...but by all means...keep thinking this hasn't been a clusterf*ck....

Also - We out on Doug Belk?

Before anyone says no only because they sucked this year, they lost like 6 starters in the span of a week. No strong opinion, just curious.

I'm not Anti Strong....We can do a whole lot better. I'm Anti indecisiveness to the point of exhaustion...but by all means...keep thinking this hasn't been a clusterf*ck....

Never once did I say anything about this process or about it not being a clusterf*ck - you may be projecting.

My post was about a flip in your attitude about Strong when you did support him as DC in December and are now saying you never said that.

Carry on - I'm not interested in derailing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back