Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
strong only would have leverage if we couldn't find anyone to come as DC which isn't the case

i don't think he has leverage at all as he's not necessary nor will we be desperate to find someone who wants to be DC at a place like miami. especially after it led to a HC job for manny and OC here led to a HC job for Rhett

why do people keep bringing up Leonhard. He's not coming here - he's going to the NFL

Because he’s available, had good defenses every year and I’ve heard no news linking him to any NFL job. Have you seen an article or anything that people don’t now about?

Here's what Wisconsin is paying Jim Leonhard after his departure from football staff:

It gives Leonhard a $1 million payout in equal monthly installments from this March through January 2024, subject to withholdings.

Leonhard also will have money taken out of the payment if he takes a job as a head coach or defensive coordinator with an NFL or Football Bowl Subdivision college team.

So he doesn't even start getting paid from his buyout until next month.

Why not Jason Taylor...he's seen it all and at the highest. Plus, who's going to say no to him when he sits in your living room recruiting Defensive players....
You know what? Why ******* not??????!!

I have become apathetic to all of this.

Jason Taylor DC

Now find an OC, Mario.

Over It Drinking GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Advertisement
or he hired Strong before Steele was announced/made official. They could have already had an agreement in principle
I don't think so because the story was Steele was starting his off field job at Maryland at the time we hired him.

What rankings are these?

F+ has him

MS:

2013: 19
2014: 16

UF:

2015: 9
2016: 7

Temple:

2017: 39
2018: 40

Pretty impressive as a DC. Throw in that he’s a beast on the recruiting trail.

Where r u getting ur rankings from? The rankings I provided was straight from NCAA Stats.

It gives Leonhard a $1 million payout in equal monthly installments from this March through January 2024, subject to withholdings.
From the article: But that mitigation has an unusual clause, leaving the decision on whether to pursue such a job up to Leonhard's "judgment regarding what is in the best interest of his family."

Isn't it always the case that you have the option to still work? Seems odd that they specifically included that in the clause.
So he doesn't even start getting paid from his buyout until next month.
Yeah, looks like he is using his unused vacation before they terminate him. I wonder why they didnt just cut him after the bowl game and pay him out all of his unused time then; the only thing I can think of is that it would keep his medical insurance going?

But he's on the payroll through Feb. 28 while using unused vacation and personal leave. He can cash out any remaining leave as of Feb. 28 on his final payroll payment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What rankings are these?

F+ has him

MS:

2013: 19
2014: 16

UF:

2015: 9
2016: 7

Temple:

2017: 39
2018: 40

Pretty impressive as a DC. Throw in that he’s a beast on the recruiting trail.

Lol; never mind; F+. Lol

Advertisement
wrong...he was hired at Maryland to be their DC.
Ok but my point still stands there was no agreement with Steele at the time we hired Strong which the poster I was responding was implying may have been why we didn't just hire Strong as DC last year.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back