Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Why not Jason Taylor...he's seen it all and at the highest. Plus, who's going to say no to him when he sits in your living room recruiting Defensive players....
Maybe he prefers to be an analyst and not have to go out recruiting. Not like he needs the extra money.

Tony Montana Scarface GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Question, & I’m not trying to be argumentative, but just a ?

I’m going to assume u’re referring to Collins’ 2 yr stint at UF as a DC, correct, when they were fielding an elite defense? If so, could it possibly be he produced an elite defense b/c he had Shannon as a Co-DC?

The reason I asked is b/c at Miss St, prior to UF, his defense wasn’t elite. 1st yr they were 18th, & his 2nd yr they were 84th. Then I look at his tenure as a HC after UF; he supposed to be a defensive guy, right? Well at Temple, he coached the 54th & 47th ranked defenses, which is pretty meh, however by comparison to his tenure at GT, that looked elite! At GT, the defense was down right deplorable; in fact, they got progressively worst every year until he was finally fired.

So help me to understand the obsession, besides those two yrs at UF.
Good question and I’m not necessarily a Collins guy but I think having Shannon could have helped. but it was Collins defense and his scheme. Maybe he is a guy that has to have the players to really produce which is similar to Steele imo. Me personally I would rather take a shot at Leonard

Advertisement
Question, & I’m not trying to be argumentative, but just a ?

I’m going to assume u’re referring to Collins’ 2 yr stint at UF as a DC, correct, when they were fielding an elite defense? If so, could it possibly be he produced an elite defense b/c he had Shannon as a Co-DC?

The reason I asked is b/c at Miss St, prior to UF, his defense wasn’t elite. 1st yr they were 18th, & his 2nd yr they were 84th. Then I look at his tenure as a HC after UF; he supposed to be a defensive guy, right? Well at Temple, he coached the 54th & 47th ranked defenses, which is pretty meh, however by comparison to his tenure at GT, that looked elite! At GT, the defense was down right deplorable; in fact, they got progressively worst every year until he was finally fired.

So help me to understand the obsession, besides those two yrs at UF.

What rankings are these?

F+ has him

MS:

2013: 19
2014: 16

UF:

2015: 9
2016: 7

Temple:

2017: 39
2018: 40

Pretty impressive as a DC. Throw in that he’s a beast on the recruiting trail.

Advertisement
What rankings are these?

F+ has him

MS:

2013: 19
2014: 16

UF:

2015: 9
2016: 7

Temple:

2017: 39
2018: 40

Pretty impressive as a DC. Throw in that he’s a beast on the recruiting trail.
he also worked for Mario as DC for one year and they led the sun belt in total defense, scoring defense, and turnover margin tha tyear

success at multiple stops, collins is solid and has familiarity with mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back